Background Image

Yet another thread about smart pistols

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Deathwish, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Ok devs, its time to kick the training wheels off and let the players learn how to manually aim a gun. The smart pistol isn't even a training aid. It's a replacement for skill and removes any counter play on the opponents behalf. I'm sure there would be some community outcry from the people that have sloth-like reflexes and lean on this crutch but this autoaim shit has to go. Make it happen @NoahWard @jbregg
    Faeruin, Saeritan, Gravord and 5 others like this.
  2. I hope the devs ignore this. I feel like a god every time I get a smart pistol kill with 100% accurate headshots. If they took my favourite toy away I'd definitely chuck a tantie and throw the rest outta my pram.

If I'm being serious though they kinda are actually pretty lame. It's a literal aimbot. A literal aimbot.
    Bugz, Corie and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. Smart Bolter! Then all the noobs that can't hit anything can become mini- @DemonKingBAAL and everyone will be forced to play SM/CSM..... :CSMAlpha:
  4. I'd honestly be cool with that.
    Corie likes this.
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

dude if u have massive lag and latency problem smart bolter are a god send
  6. An okay concept poorly implemented. The "smart pistol" from Titanfall is vastly different than the 40k version in this game. The Titanfall version is a charged up weapon with a noticeable firing delay where as the one in this 40K game is "insta" cast.

I don't see any real reason for "smart" ranged weapons in this game. If we had aircraft and shoulder fired anti aircraft rockets that would be the only justification for lock on ranged weapons. Hold the pipper on the aircraft for 3 to 4 seconds, establish "lock on", then fire and forget.
  7. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

How often do you die to a smart pistol? I can only remember seeing it on my deathscreen once. Not a problem as far as I can tell.
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  8. Then you haven't been playing much as of late. Striking Scorpions, LSM and CSM JPA/Raptor's all guilty. If I can drop the crutch, surely everyone can.
  9. Baelugor Bugz First Blood!

Any weapon that has the word "smart" in front of it is fucking "stupid" and should be removed from the game.
    I play from Australia and I deal with latency always and I have no trouble in shooting something in the head with a standard weapon.
    Anyone that uses them is a dummy and their face is dumb.:p
    Deathwish likes this.
  10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Smart Pistols are always cheesy, but at least, normally, they arent powerful. They work well against Eldar but not better than a normal Pistol with decent aim and they are good to counter Swooping Hawks which, annoying as it is, I can acccept because barely anything else is.

The main problem are Jump Classes flying overhead and unloading them with 100% headshots, being mostly immune to conventional aiming themselves.
    Now this is not just a cheap trick, but also highly lethal and severly lacking counterplay, even on highest level. Best thing you can do is chain Iframes.
    Logical solution: Smart Pistols cant headshot. Would solve the major part of the issue (power) and leave the minor (EZ-mode).
    0strum likes this.