Background Image

Would you mind physic-less Cloth if it would make Ranger possible?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by DrDooManiC, May 3, 2017.

?

What if the Cloth for the Ranger is static?

1. If, then proper or not. I want Cloth-physic for the Ranger

2. I don't care, as long as i get the Ranger as next Elite

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. With Physic-less cloth i mean cloth like we have on the tabbards of Veteran Marines, especially the Robes of Dark-Angel Veterans.

It seems like the Developers fear that cloth-physic may impact Game-performance in a negative way.
    So the question is, would you mind if the Ranger has static cloth, as long as it get's added?
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I don't mind. I'd rather they did away with physics-based cloth for the Warlocks too and just hand-animated them, to be honest.
    Orkan, Dragonkindred and DrDooManiC like this.
  3. Jaywalker Jaywalker Steam Early Access

Sadly, that'd require an animator and/or watching a 20 minute tutorial online.
    I don't think anyone at bE is skilled in either of those fields.
    Brujah likes this.
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

We told Noah the same thing when it came to tabards on base classes.

The response was the same.
  5. DefSeig Defiance Arkhona Vanguard

I'd like to know the real reason why the team doesn't want to deal with the cloth or Eldar cosmetics in general.
  6. Elemir Swiftblade Warriant Arkhona Vanguard

They don't want to bother putting any amount of work into Eldar and honestly at this point I don't think they are even capable of animating anything without mocap.
    Brujah likes this.
  7. Elemir Swiftblade Warriant Arkhona Vanguard

Because they are incapable and or don't care about getting cloth working correctly despite it being standard in games of all genres nowadays.
  8. Warboss Krappa WarbossKrappa Steam Early Access

I'm down for graphical sacrifices (especially because I'm not impressed by the alternative Elite), but would that offend the gods at GW? Could be a factor.
  9. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

If there are models in the game that use cloth, but that cloth doesn't move "naturally, then there is no excuse for excluding the Ranger from the game for the devs stated reason. Unfortunately that leaves us speculating as to why they really excluded the Ranger.

My speculation leads me to believe that the Ranger would create too much LSM tears, which bE is Extremely Carefully to avoid. You would think they are scared of it or something!
    Iyan and Sily like this.
  10. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

Which is basically stupid, sure there will be salt, but let's compare the guns for a second. The ranger sniper rifle has a very week rate of fire for a very powerful shot that can pierce like butter a space marine helmet but need a bit more than one shot to pierce the other parts. And eldar shots are particulary visual, so at each shot the ranger will give it's position fairly easily, giving players a chance to hunt it down or shoot him with their own stalker bolter. I don't see the point in fearing it for that reason as even the orks can use their kannon to ruin his day.

For playing a head-hunting game style, I think what could be the true reason behind it as well is the lag. At long distance, sometimes my bullet was missing straight the target and a second after he was down with the game rewarding me for a headshot I clearly missed on my screen. I have less trouble dealing headshot against all factions than in any other games (those poor orks bastard...) and I think what they don't assume is that the lag make it too easy and such it would make the ranger too powerful and too deadly on all factions, with anyone with a few hours in the game practicing being able to use it.