Background Image

Would there be interest in a mentoring guild?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, May 9, 2017.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I have been thinking about this for a while now...turning my fancy name tag into something useful.
    The point is: I spend half my matches explaining to the team what we should do and why. Not because its always neccessary or because I think im the only one who knows, but because it helps, it increases the odds to win, and its fun.
    Also the fact of the matter is that our faction has the hardest learning curve.
    We have the lowest amount of players, right? My guess would be that a significant percentage of new Eldar players simply try the race out, die over and over and move on to an easier faction.

So yeah, thats the theroy: Get some people who know a lot about this game, get even more people who dont but want to change that.
    I know other guilds are already doing that on the sides, the members are profitting from each other. But lets be honest: If you just joined right into the game your first instinct is not usually to find a guild. I for one avoid all kind of groups until I feel I am good enough to handle myself and not be a burden.

I am thinking about three levels here:
    -Tactically. From the basics of when to redeploy and what point to be on, to the advanced stuff like how to use the terrain or how to perform combat manoeuvres beyond 'guild blob go there'
    -Personally. General tips for combat, perhaps even dedicated training sessions in the garrison, for instance for melee. Or how to avoid friendly fire.
    -Research. Developing new tactics, combining knowledge, working on team composition and relative positioning (aka formations)

But before I really want to get started with any of this, I'd like to know if there would even be any interest. If this happens, it would have to happen as a bit of a community effort, not just one guy starting a guild and inviting a bunch of people.
    So yeah, let me know if you think this would see any positive resonance or if you would be willing to put in some effort yourself.
    Or, of course, if you think this is completely obsolete and most players will figure out the game eventually.
    Trashed and Hatemonger721 like this.
  2. Eldar usually welcome new members. Personally i have better share my experience to new player and then he will become a teammate on which i can rely in battle.
    The second thing is devs nerfed our faction to level where playing solo is impossible. Nerfmarines barked on twitch eldar OP for half of the year, tired of beeing stomped by pugs. Well eldar pugs are struggle now and mostly stomped to ground - very low HP, obscure speed bonus, smaller hitbox which means nothing for those who aim, lack of firepower and longrange weapons.
    Now we have to group up in guilds to perform flawless teamplay just for achieve win... i also hear some cries about how eldar OP again! A simply teamplay is OP.
    We have to use wise emi hakws and firedragons AV teams, keep our dire avengers and reapers buffed and healed, position ourselves in battle right because we are most teamkilling race and more other eldar related things.
    Niksu likes this.
  3. Thana Thana Curator

4. Roon Roon Steam Early Access

That's just what I have been looking for when I first started the game, wish it would have existed back then.
    Great work, keep it up!

Edit: Maybe we can get a resources/info sticky, with stuff like these videos in it?
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

The videos look very promising. Do you also plan to tackle the basics of map mechanics, individual maps and squad tactics?
    For instance it would be very helpful if people knew how to support a melee fighter without killing them.
    Or why it is so important to run upstairs on Zedek A.
    That sort of stuff.
  6. Thana Thana Curator

after the class videos. thats the idea
  7. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

I would say ALL most active Eldar guilds out there are all interested in helping their new recruits develop and get better at the game. Look into them and choose one to join, many train together often.
  8. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Yeah, the point is to reach players who do not normally join a guild as soon as they get started with the game.
    According to Forgrims data we had the lowest amount of guild players.
  9. KulakActual KulakActual Steam Early Access

As a new EC player that mainly plays either Eldar or CSM, I know I personally would be very interested. Hell, I'd just be stoked to find a guild with somewhat friendly/active players.
  10. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Eldar playerbase seems to be rather comprised of chill and relaxed people, most of their guilds will help newcomers or atleast offer guide to an extent.