Background Image

Why Krak Grenades Are Suggested For Tyranids Over Frag Grenades?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by volimnir0, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

What's the case? Krak Grenades just stick to the target, so what does that make a difference?
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

For the Tyranid warriors.
    They are like Rhino's almost.
    And its cheaper than Melta Bomb.
    With ammo crates you can keep "kraking"the warriors basically.
  3. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

Aah, it is not for genestealers?
    What do you mean they are like Rhino's almost?
    Also Krak grenades weren't supposed to be used on vehicles? They do trash damage against them.
    You can keep "fraging" the warriors too. But wait, weren't you talking about Hive Warrior? Dunno about Tyranid Warriors. I'm so noob. =/
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

The warriors have a lot of toughness like a Rhino.
    So anything that's good vs a vehicle is also good vs them.
  5. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

So what does Krak do what Frag can't?
    Krak is trash against a vehicle as I said already!
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

krak has a higher AP than Frak and thus does a lot more damage than frag against high T targets.
  7. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

AP? High T? Toughness?
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

9. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

And what kind of a video is that? Where you got the speech? The video is the one that you made or you just copied?

This psycho pony creeps me out. :confused:
  10. 1. Armor Penetration (AP), is the stat that measures a weapon's ability to punch through armor. For an example, while a chainsword can add a tooth augment to increase it's AP stat, a powered weapon will go through armor like a hot knife through butter.

For other weapon types, just their sheer amount of damage done is enough to strip armor. Such as a Heavy Bolter or an Autocannon.
    Ironically, the damage tooth augment for a chainsword gives a higher AP stat than the AP one.

2. Toughness is the stat that makes it harder to penetrate armor in EC (I believe). However, it's little proof against powered weapons/fists, krak and melta grenades, exploding vehicles, heavy weapons, etc ...
    A "High T" score, refers to how high your toughness stat is. In EC, the normal High T a player can achieve is either a +20 or +40.

Personally, toughness is a wasteful stat by now. It's mechanics need to be rewritten or removed from the game.