Background Image

Why Eldar AV is OP

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Unbenannt.png
    This is it. All of it. The truth, only the truth and the entire truth.
    It never had nor ever will have anything to do with the Melta Bundle. Let me elaborate:
    AV in general is OP in that it makes a huge impact on the match with very little effort nor counterplay.
    This problem accelerates with and against Eldar: We kill Tanks faster and our tanks die just as fast (literally 0.2 seconds or so difference)
    Everything the Eldar do to you in AV, you could do to them just as easily.
    It also suits our playstyle very well because we are no good in extended infantry-engagements, we either win very quickly or never.
    Yet, it is AV in general that is imbalanced, not Fire Dragons nor any other, specific asset. All Eldar do is make everything a lot faster.
    For both sides!

The only asset we have that could be considered 'OP' are Haywire Grenades. Not in their role as AV-support but for a Hawk choosing to delay a Tank somewhere off-point.
    KorgasTheReforged and CuCulainn like this.
  2. What are these "Eldar" you speak of?

Muh Bolter!
  3. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

Yeah it just doesn't work when vehicles are tied to their own spawn timer and AV loadouts are infinite. You can just spam until the vehicle is destroyed.

It is impossible to balance a system where the main reasons for balance issues are the map design where the other team relies on transports only and the defenders have the ability to teleport anywhere on the map.

That and the deployment system. Maybe if the AV would be tied to the same spawn as vehicles themselves. Then you would have to make the deployments count and defending the rhinos would be more rewarding.

Oh yeah but first we have to wait till that one weapon on UAT is put into the game and that might take like half a year.
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Wat? What weapon? :CSMAlpha:
  5. Eldar Av cant be OP because no one play elder. Enjoy lsm/csm fuckery
  6. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Active Member

rely i play eldar for 5 hours today
  7. My problem is never double meltas. Its a Rank 4 unlock down one single path out of the 8 Eldar have to go down (I'm counting 'universal' unlocks as an advancement line here.) Hell even Haywire/FD isn't a thing for me because LSM use Grav/Melta, so... don't hate the player; hate the game. Lol.

Last night, though, Eldar were spawning Falcons and Wave Serpents and using them to pin Rhinos while FDs hopped out and ate every single LSM vehicle alive on Medusa, possibly one of the WORST maps to be denied transport on. Now you can say 'space their deployments out' or 'keep them moving', but trust me when I say those tactics were tried and did not work. At all. Then, as soon as our vehicle spawns were wasted, we suddenly got hit with Scorp spam, because the FDs changed classes, which is a long-time bone of contention with me on the most glaring flaw in translating the Eldar from TT to class-based FPS, but that's a separate argument.
  8. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Normally: Let the Falcon pin you, wait until the Dragon comes out and start driving backwards.
    Melta-bombs next to never properly attach to driving things, no matter, how slow, just need to get the timing right.
    You won't have a 100% success-rate, but I can assure you: the Dragon will leave the fight more annoyed than you.
    Nether likes this.
  9. Oh I like that... lol
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

tried that... got rammed by 2nd falcon and bombed with haywire nades...

next plan ?