Background Image

Why does Painboy have 50 armor ?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Eagle_11, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Where every other healer gets 75 armor base. Give 75 armor to Painboy too.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Why does Painboy have 225 hp 43%Headhsot damage reduction and a head hitbox fucked up?
  3. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

The idea was always to give the Orkz a focus on high health instead of high armor. This reflects their robust physiology and generally shit improvised equipment.
    The reduced headshot damage was an absolutely necessary measure to compensate for their easy-to-hit heads (gameplay) and the fact that Orkz simply don't suffer as much when getting hit in the head (lore).
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Easy to hit head ? Nope the head hitbox is above the nose it's twice smaller than the other races
  5. If only all races were hard to headshot...
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

its also at chest level so hitting centre mass on an ork will net you free head shots while doing so on a marine or elder model gets you body shots.

Also fun fact they have like literally almost no rear head hitbox.
    Its about a 2 pixels wide line when seen from behind .. just above their shoulder hump.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

oh that's new to me.. it seems smaller ..or maybe its because the ork model is actually standing up straight . they hunch forward in game wich changes the angle.

Got one from the back ?
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Soo should be something like this from the back .. if i remember correctly.
    There should also be something about marines backpack and not blocking shots if i remember that correctly.
    5635827e68a4d5205f582d9cc00e3b04.png