Background Image

Why did you buy this game and how do you feel now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Sep 18, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, just wondering why did you buy this game and how do you feel about the game now?

I bought this game because it was a Warhammer 40000 game and thought that they would make most like at least 90% of the tabletop units into the game itself. But now I understand that only 25% to 35% of the Space Marines are represented in this game, so I feel like more could be done but was not done.

I have been playing other games like Forged Battalion and MechWarrior Online and Gundam games for the PS4, and have not been clocking in hours for this game lately.

What about you guys, have you picked up other games and not play EC lately or at all?
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

-allows to play xenos
    -is not space hulk
    -more then 4 players multiplayer
    -vehicle combat
    -non mirrored factions

I got my share of fun and worth for all the money, but I feel salty that this game could be so much more and its... only what it is because of bad luck and abandonment.

I would say bad management, but since I know first hand how things work in gaming, I can tell that even best manager in the world won't be able to do anything if he isn't given any menpower and resources to deliver.
  3. -Warhammer
    -Liked Space Marine
    -Impulse buy

Thought it would get better but nope, the trickle of shitty content just killed it and the game just got worse over time.
    I did enjoy the peak, I didn't mind or notice the balance problems I still got good enough kills with melee and ranged.

Farewell EC you won't be missed.
  4. Only because eldar were playable i spent my money and hopes on it. If there would be just LSm and CSM and propably even orks i clearly preferred to move on for next w40k game without wasting time on SPESSMAHRINE fuckery MUH GACHIBOLTER is itching BROTHAAAA lets pray togethaaa

I feel greatly dissapointed and can position my self as a hater now. Even with having a lot of some kind of fun for 3000 hours clocked there. The main reason of salt and hate is bE policy - their abandonment of game after fictive "release", tons of lies after growing some hopes with promises.

Other big reason for me is genious "balancing" showed in "JUST NERF" because shit players whine. They moaned about "not nerfed enough" after each eldar nerf because they kept sucking a dick. I started to play very little since pathc where devs nerfed hawks, and not going to come back at all after news about they gonna touch reaper launcher and make it useless shit. This nerf nerf nerf nerf killed a motivation to play even in a diehard eldar fan. I m sane enough to not hurt my morale and nerves even more. This is disgusting as a game experince as eldar player since EHP patch when they need to do something about FDs but not making eldar as a gunless glass forced to rush ROOMS filled with 500ehp traitors and orks.
    Plus devs and bE managers are cunts, maybe except daddy J, because he is not god to replace 60 devs expected to work on EC as f2p service game. And he did fucking more than barber's cats like chan, brent and nathan. Unfortunately it wont help.
    Why this shit studio tried AAA w40k game? Hope they fail absolutly with shitgarden. other people than w40k dudes should know what a shithole bE is.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I bought the game after I already found out about its past and its mistakes.
    But I was like buck it is only 20 bits.

And as far as what I think about it now.
    Kinda disappointed with the direction the game is taken.
    And the speed its taking for it to do anything tbh.
  6. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

I wanted a game that can catch the craziness and epicness of WH40k.

I wanted a game that makes you feel like you could conquer the galaxy all by yourself.

What I got was a bloodless, repetitive lobby-shooter that boxes you in, forces you into preconceived routes, slows you down at every turn.
    There is none of the fanatic closemindedness typical for LSM.
    There is none of the insanity, hatred and paranoia typical for CSM.
    There is none of the bestial clarity of mind typical for Orkz.
    There is none of the aloof complexity and reasoned arrogance typical for Eldar.

EC is basically just smashing action-figures together and your imagination has to take care of all of the rest.
    Faeruin and Data8671 like this.
  7. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

According to the Steam-Reviews, Deathgarden has problems with balancing and lack of content:
    - The Hunter is supposed to hunt the Runners, but it's the other way around because the Runners stun-attack him all the time.
    - Arena-shooter, so no background.
    Faeruin and Data8671 like this.
  8. Same company, a lot of same old devs, what did you expect
    Ivrain, LOBOTRONUS and Faeruin like this.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

for people to learn from their mistakes ... not make the same mistakes over and over and over and over .. than shrug and be like.. meh
  10. That'd be way too competent for the average bE employee.....
    Just read my current forum signature to see how it'll end up every time they do that...
    Tldr signature: Other games are better, bored of a dead, very meh game