Background Image

Who is currently working on Eternal Crusade?

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Data8671, Dec 22, 2017.

1. I'm a bit confused as to who is actually part of the dev team and who is actually working on the game. Could I get some clarification on this?

I've heard some stuff about legal issues with one dev, but don't know much, so could this be explained if it is a thing (if you can explain it)?
    Njord-Halfhand and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

Who is currently working on Eternal Crusade?

Believe me ! You really don't want to know the answer for that question !!!
    Brother-Bardiel and Firskon like this.
  3. Horus Firskon Subordinate

The game has no developers. We are still playing a beta version of the game.
  4. Troll_Slaying Recruit

They are too busy playing the game T-bagging and trolling players apparently.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
    ProteusVM and Slough_Monster like this.
  6. I don't have an exact number to answer this question with. I know Nathan has been reaching out to me and a few others in the community to help with some aspects of the game that don't HAVE to be handled by internal staff. I know Noah is currently out for legal reasons, but they aren't bad - just annoying. I know the team is small and most of them are starting to work outside of their disciplines voluntarily to make sure any gaps that have to be covered by a bE staffer are covered, because they are passionate about giving us an awesome game.

I also know that - by its nature - every game made by a studio has a small 'core' team and a MUCH LARGER pool of talent that floats in and out of teams to accomplish laundry lists created by the title's Senior Producer. When the list gets long enough, Corporate hands EC some people for a few days/weeks.

I personally just wish they'd see the reams upon reams of requests we have and shift focus, but bE has a mobile game with Ubisoft and the "Unannounced Project" they are developing, and that takes up most of the staff, I'm guessing.
    Haldur and Rheeva like this.
  7. So once the 'Unannounced Project' is done, we'll get more devs?
  8. Horus Firskon Subordinate

No.
  9. Maybe not core development staff, but the people like animators, artists, renderers, etc will free up. That's standard practice in a game studio.
  10. Sceviour Sceviour Arkhona Vanguard

IIRC there are only 4 paid staff working on this game at the moment, 2 of whom dont know how to code so are basically useless (Nathan and Katie). The other 2 are the QA guys (Jbregg and another whose name I forgot) who dont really do coding and dev stuff but because of a lack of funds, they got pulled off QA and put on to game design.