Background Image

What Should Our 5th Craftworld Option Be?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by GrimLord, Dec 5, 2013.

?

5th Craftworld

1. Alaitoc

59.5%
  2. Yme-Loc

8.4%
  3. Iybraesiil

4.6%
  4. Altansar

17.6%
  5. Lugganath

9.9%
  1. GrimLord GrimLord Subordinate

Now that we know that we'll have Ulthwe, Saim-Hann, Iyanden and Biel-tan what should be our 5th Craftworld?

I'm thinking that Alaitoc would be a good choice but maybe one of the lesser known "Wanderers of the Stars" should be added instead.
  2. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

They're kind of backing themselves into a corner if the don't want to include rangers. Alaitoc is the only other craftworld that has a lot of exposure... but it's famous for rangers. What will they do if it gets picked, but there are no rangers in the pipeline?
  3. Dagda Abhean Curator

Kaelor or Mymeara
  4. GrimLord GrimLord Subordinate

I agree. Can't really see how Alaitoc can be added without Rangers. It would be cool if Rangers were added and if you've chosen Alaitoc then you get Pathfinders instead. Similar to SM Apothecaries where you will get Wolf Priests if you're using Space Wolves.
  5. The tension between Alaitoc and Imperium is a good story option. When we dont fight against the Orks and the Chaos, their rangers can help us decimate our ally!
  6. Or they could develop their own Craftworld, with or without assistance from the community. Basically giving them a blank canvas to work from, This gives them a bit of ease in fitting in with the game without having to gloss over some limitations that would actually limit known Craftworlds from participating in the conflict.

Given the fact the game itself will limit how Eldar are portrayed also gives them an easier time intergrating the race into the game, by this I mean hypothetically something like, "Normally the race would behave in X way but the game allows for Y, welll Eldar of craftworld Blahh can because <insert made up lore reason>.

Finally who knows It may later get picked up and loved by GW (yeah right) and you can all say to ya mates
    "See that craftworld there? I had a part in that."
    Rickmar likes this.
  7. If Alaitoc isn't in the game, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. I thought they'd take precedence over Iyanden, who are essentially nonexistent while Alaitoc is a thriving center of the Eldar.
    FireDemonJ99 and Mngwa like this.
  8. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

Yes, choice of Iyanden in first 4 CWs really surprised me. I also would like to see Alaitoc.
  9. Zarbot Bumshee65 New Member

I'm surprised Alaitoc wasn't chosen as one of the 4 initial Craftworlds, so I'll echo others with that. It WOULD be cool to see a less represented craftworld, however.
  10. GrimLord GrimLord Subordinate

I was pretty surprised that Alaitoc wasn't included in the original 4 too. Of the lesser known Craftworlds I think Yme Loc has the coolest color scheme and emblem so they would look pretty awesome on the battlefield. I don't really know much about their background though.