Background Image

What is the obsession with Jain Zar?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Caentyr, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I meant the... "front half".
    [​IMG]

(also: [​IMG] )
    Eldritch likes this.
  2. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Collection.jpg
    Brujah likes this.
  3. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

[​IMG]
    Also don't steal my memes or I have to summon satan.
    Eldritch and Brujah like this.
  4. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

5. Maensith Subordinate

Just look at this pic and try to deny you wouldnt sell your soul and everything you have just to hear THIS whispered to your ear....

On a serious note, sometimes I wonder who writes these faction leaders' phrases - they are strangely written at best, often funny in their clumsiness and complete lack of true warhammer entourage - this one sounds quite erotic to me :D, definitely not what a phoenix lord would say

Attached Files:

6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

uwu

bae wants another great collapse it seems
    upload_2017-3-13_17-40-55.png
  7. Cat Cat Arkhona Vanguard

Aaaaaaaand lovely. She's now referring to herself in the third person. In addition to continuing on with the terrible idea that anything Eldar has to be 'mystical' and confusing, 'cause Eldar. Most, if not all of these campaign messages I've seen have just stated one thing about five times, and then ended. As far as I can tell, there's been absolutely no plot progression, or even information, so far, and if the trend continues, which it looks like it will, it'll just keep deteriorating.
  8. Maensith Subordinate

May be if you strike deep enough (then strike again, and again....) her mental health will improve.....and we are so, so, SO close....just dont stop striking and everything will be fine...

I believe these messages are deliberately written in such manner - those ones of the orks' warboss are funnier though, as they are supposed to be :)
    Caentyr and Brujah like this.
  9. Cat Cat Arkhona Vanguard

The only Eldar that speak like this, that I know of, are Farseers. Even then they talk in ways that at least their allies can understand. I am probably wrong here, but I don't believe I've ever heard a farseer talk in as many circles as Jain Zar has said in the four paragraphs I've read. (Only got the last two campaigns messages read, so I might've missed a campaign or two.) Not to mention the fact that she's a Phoenix Lord (Or Lady, if you prefer), so why the **** isn't she out there fighting, instead of trying to guilt trip the Aspect Warriors of five different Craftworlds into doing her laundry? I mean, the worst that'll happen is she dies and gets brought back by Jim over there who happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time, and touched her armor in the wrong place.

Not going to go into why choosing her as the leader of five different Craftworlds was one of the stupidest decisions I can think of, because that's a whole other topic. Point being, I have some major disagreements with a lot of the decisions made thus far, though things can, and, in all due likelihood, will get better.
    Caentyr and Maensith like this.
  10. Maensith Subordinate

Perhaps no autarchs with steel enough balls were found for leading Arkhona's eldar invasion? On the other hand it makes perfect sense - who else if not a phoenix lord would possibly agree to feed his/her warriors into slaughter again and again, assaulting the same places over and over again to capture some worthless imperial structures? :D Jain Zar represents the most fearsome, battle-hungry aspect of Khaine, so I believe she actually enjoys this madness :)