Background Image

What is EC's single biggest problem right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Sep 14, 2018.

?

What is EC's single biggest problem right now?

1. boring / lack of content

2. server-problems

3. balancing-problems

4. player-toxicity

5. other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

What is THE one single biggest problem of EC? What is the problem whose solution would turn around the current development and give EC a better reputation, a shot at finding a publisher and new players?

If the devs were to add a new campaign-mode or more classes or PvPvE or whatever, would that actually make a difference?

If the devs overhauled the servers for better connectivity, would that actually make a difference?

If the devs solved the most urgent balancing-problems like Boltergeddon or Rollex, would that actually make a difference?

If the devs and community found a way to reduce the toxicity and hostility among players, would that actually make a difference?

I think, the problem is a combination of both balancing and content: In trying to better balance four different factions, the devs reduced that which makes the factions different from each other. But by making the factions more alike to each other, you limit what kind of content can even be added.

I think, the devs should embrace that the factions are supposed to be different and make them even more different from each other and try to achieve balancing by that.

For example, balancing LSM and CSM by canonical lore:
    LSM are better than other factions when fighting as a group, because Codex Astartes.
    CSM are better than LSM in 1-on-1 fights, because Gifts of Chaos. These short-term advantages are balanced by CSM being at a disadvantage in the long term. E.g. per canon CSM often have ammo-shortages.

Instead of balancing by pruning that which makes the factions extraordinary, the devs should balance by actively tampering with these extremes.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Nibs Nibs Active Member

None of the above.

Being abandoned by Behavior is the problem.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

game is incomplete and devs that don't even understand WH 40k ( brain dead devs)

no business sense ( armor designs will make you a freaking loads of money )

need to overhauled HUD and maps like MWO

models needs details
    Xeltan and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  4. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

What is EC's single biggest problem right now ?

The answer for this questions is very easy :

bE is the biggest problem !!!
    KharnVarus, Deadknight and JojoKasei like this.
  5. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Of all of the above, probably the first.
    If the content was great, imbalances would not the that much of a problem. Same goes for server issues, although they recently have passed the threshold of the ignorable from time to time. As for toxicity, busy players tend to be less toxic, so here we go again, solving one thing to at least reduce the other problems.
    Unfortunately this "one for all" solution is WAY out of scope.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Other:
    Zael and Data spamming useless threads
  7. Xeltan Xeltan Well-Known Member

Why I can't chose all from above?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Main Problems :
    -no devs because Be doesnt give a shit
    -stupid community
    Aislinn, AddyRedrum, Atsidas and 4 others like this.
  9. Problems:
    Bolter over performing in the hands of a good player (more than it should anyway)
    Broken mechanics
    Awful maps like Carmine
    Lack of clear communication from devs
    bE
    Valrak spewing lies about the game
    Lack of clear communication from devs
    bE
    Valrak spewing lies about the game again
    Other games are better (I'm moving on to flight sim games that I can play casually like War Thunder, with the intention of going to less casual ones like IL2 battle of Stalingrad at some point)
    bE
    Melee mechanics suck (but 40k so I want to be a khorne berserker so I'll be one)
    Ranged 'mechanics' suck more (rollex (kind of kind of not gone), scope reset, ect)
    Doesn't really have that 40k feel to it other than on fortress maps anymore, ttk should be way higher in a 40k game.
    bE
    Elder are damn annoying and not enjoyable to fight (whether they're balanced or not)
    Expecting too much from the devs
    Lack of clear communication from the devs (easy to fix... e.g. Do a simple weekly Dev post showing off some stuff that's been done)
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  10. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

What a bargain! I get all of the inside of your head! Rent-free!

Should I instead post endless salt about how everything is the fault of bolters or how everything is the fault of melee or how everything is the fault of guilds?
    Or should I waste endless hours on this forum lamenting how everybody but my most honorable self is a toxic a**hole?