Background Image

What if the subfactions had different stats?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know the idea isn't new. But if the current trend in player-numbers continues, EC will be dead by the end of 2019, so we're pretty much down to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Basically, if the subfactions have different stats, then we have replayability. Each subfaction would be in a way a new game-experience, not only in terms of looks, but also in terms of playstyle and tactics. And while it's not much, anything is better than what EC is right now.

The cut-up maps Nathan promised are not coming, the new game-modes Nathan promised are not coming, the background and missions Nathan promised are not coming, the workshop is a myth, rollex is still in and we have no idea whether Jbregg's idea for PvPvE works or not, so the devs might as well do this.

As for what these different stats should be, we can go by lore and there's a few old (very old) forum-threads with suggestions.

For example
    * cheaper Plasmaweapons for Dark Angels
    * more toughness for Imperial Fists
    * better healing for Ultramarines
    * better melee for Blood Angels
    * something with tanks or firepower for Iron Warriors
    * cheaper grenades, Meltabombs and Jump-Packs for Night Lords
    * larger line-of-sight for Alpha Legion
    * something with Heavy Weapons for Deathskullz
    * better melee for Goffs
    * something with vehicles for Evil Sunz...
    Data8671 likes this.
  2. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

In a word: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Though it might drum up sales of a "Subfaction change" item for RTC once the meta becomes established that X Subfaction is the best for each faction.

Or have you forgotten the whole debacle that led to Wolf Priests getting bolters? I ended up rolling off SW long ago because at the time 1: No plasma cannon mastery 2: No bolter for apoths and you were stuck with the inferior reskinned power maul vs the chainsword.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

This suggestion came up every few weeks or even days when we still had people suggesting stuff, hoping it might happen. It has always been a flawed concept at best tho, in particular with how everyone already complains about asymmetrical balance.

Also, you need to let go of your dev-hate. You complain about Nathan more than other people complain about rollex.
    Aislinn and Atsidas like this.
  4. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Everything Nathan said in the announcement is already on UAT (maybe except rollex fix) and last time I checked - that shit makes it on live eventually.

Are you just calling lies and promises every time something is said, regardless of whether or not its true or not?

On topic tho - dibs on iron warriors carrying more ammo for their guns by default.
  5. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Honestly anything to make LSM more interesting would be helpful. They are by far the most bland faction in the game and virtually nothing truly sets them apart from anyone else apart from being the baseline of what everyone thinks is "normal" in this game. That and grav guns which are really Ork Traktor beams in disguise.

The problem being then is you'd have repeatedly grind up characters which doesn't make much sense.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Nothing sets them apart from the rest.

accept:
    A 30% damage buff skull.
    Apoc 30% damage reduction Buff
    Grav weapons.
    A 200 AP melee weapon.
    Flaming ammo.
    A P fists that leeches life off vehicles.
    Supports with a ranged weapon.
    And in some cases a support with a power weapon.
    And in some cases a support armed with both a chainsword/bolt pistol combi AND a ranged weapon..Hello war narc..
    Trooper909 likes this.
  7. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Me Finkz da boyz also gotz da claw wiff da makin' ya more orky when smashing dem 'umie trukkz

*Clears throat and reverts back to High Gothic*

Also the 200 Pen Power axe is hilariously bad. Base power axe already tells your Toughness to go sit on it and rotate and its base damage is low enough that its not worth chipping at a vehicle with.
  8. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

warp bullets for the chaos

blunt bullets for ork (more damage armor)

sharp disc for eldars add bleeding ( 1 damage for 1 second)

disruption effect for all power weapons

i want to use 1 grenade and 1 smoke or stun grenade (battle field game or other shooters)

better plasma effect (look at deathwing for plasma cannon weapon and MWO PPC effect for plasma rifle)
    Firskon likes this.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

The axe literally shits on any one that stacks T.
    you know like Orks.
  10. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

If you could pick subfactions as a loadout option similar to how marks work..maybe.If not no.

You can't ask a new player (new players lol) to make a choice that important the second they start playing, also its a can of worms even with using subfactions as marks which is why they never did it,for example.Say I I'm a big fists fan but I really like to use plasma weapons? I'd have to go DA even if I did not want to which would suck.