Background Image

What i hoped PvE would be like

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, Apr 17, 2017.

1. There is story, there is character-building dialogues, a clear mission, tension, different Enemys who require different Tactics, a lot of different Objectives, enemys and the utter requirement to have a good team to succeed.
    Overwatch has about 16 Heroes, and apart from 1 or 2 heroes, everyone is viable and can contribute in his own ways to victory.

This gamemode is so much fun, i spent a whole day playing nothing but the same mission over and over again with different heroes.

Compare this to Eternal Crusade. Sure, Blizzard swims in money while we have about 8 people working for Eternal Crusade. Still, there are so many small things you could do to improve PvE, so many little details that would give you the proper feeling for this mission (Starting with explaining the Mission properly and having a somewhat reasonable Target for example!)
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Overwatch Uprising is a pretty fun PvE. The objectives make sense given the context and narrative. If the standard PvE for EC was like that, the queues would be a lot longer.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  3. Browndog Recruit

Whitefox550 likes this.
  4. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Mass Effect 3 had some enjoyable PvE and it would be nice if we could see that in EC.
    Heck, the PvE in Space Marine is more enjoyable to me than the PvE in EC is for some reason :/
    Imperator5 and Whitefox550 like this.
  5. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

I loved the MA3 multiplayer. It scaled so well in difficulty I found.
  6. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Honestly, just adding a text box to the loading screen, giving an outline of the mission, would probably make PvE more enjoyable. At the very least, we'd know what the objectives are for.
    Sigvald_Frostclaw likes this.
  7. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Space Marine's PVE had scaling difficulty. Here it is pretty much a slow scale and than the almost unbeatable warrior. Space marine's more natural difficulty curve and larger number of enemies made it more fun. plus the maps were more varied.

We should have an open map pve for instance, not just tunnels.

Imagine Raveners and Warriors instead of Nobs, and Lictors as Weirdboy, Carnifexes and Hive Tyrants as bosses.
  8. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

I still hope a bit for them to turn a map like Zedek (B to D) into a PvE map, as it might be enjoyable to try and hold of the waves there, while slowly pulling back into D. Heck, the same could be done on Pegasus, where you could have to defend from C, then A and then B, ending at the vehicle platform allowing you to escape in a Predator (or something).

It would be rather funny, though I don't think we would be able to take down a Carnifex or Hive Tyrant without a Lascannon ^^
  9. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I would be counting on Powerfists, Plasma cannons and such. Plasma is supposed to be good against monsters and tanks. I imagine them as the Killa Kans in Chaos Exterminatus mode.

Of course we would need the real lascannon without the silly chargup time.