Background Image

What exactly is the Torpedo Axe supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Njord-Halfhand, Mar 17, 2017.

1. I read the description, tried it in combat, what the what?

It almost sounds like a Dark Souls 2 or 3 weapon that adds bonus damage or a special proc for doing a falling/plunging attack from above.

Seeing as how we don't have plunging or falling attacks in EC what's this weapon supposed to be doing?
  2. Rivindesh Rivindesh Subordinate

I believe its for stormboy, when they fly and slam with it, it makes a bigger slam.
    Rackham and Njord-Halfhand like this.
  3. Hmm... I thought as much. I suppose I was hoping it added some special move for any melee user(Slugga or Stormboy).
  4. Useless trash I'm afraid
    Ecaja likes this.
  5. Daaroon Raubente Preacher

You're right, it is.... like the skip-launcha
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  6. That's it: bigger slam radius or higher slam damage. Useless. It just looks cool.

Still I'm shocked that weapons description do not explain what weapons are supposed to do.
  7. Cydonia Cydonia Well-Known Member

What if when you slam with the torpedo axe it fires off skip launcher shots in all directions around you? Two wrongs make a right?
    thantrus, Solei and Fiesty_Won like this.
  8. Thing is slow as hell , after a slam the Marine just laughes and rolls off followed by a bolter clip to the face for you being a dumb ork and carrying it. As stormboy just stack burny choppa andhit and run
  9. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

I always chuckle when i see a Slugga boy with one and die a little inside. The only reason for a Slugga to use it is how it looks. The build for it is as much fuel as possible and just ground slamming since our Axe and Mace tier weapons are as slow as they are.
    Aislinn and Solei like this.
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Base slam damage is ~30 damage. Torpedo axe slam is ~70 to 100 depending on enemy toughness. It saves pistol shots/melee time but landing slams is so hard that it isn't worth its cost.
    Aislinn and Solei like this.