Background Image

What exactly is that shoulder pad?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Trooper909, May 16, 2017.

1. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Does anybody know what the symbol is?I've never seen it before,to me it looks alot like a pre heresy death guard symbol.Its obviously not though.
  2. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Need a pic or link of it
  3. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

think he's talking about the star over the eagle heads on the campaign one.
  4. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Sorry yes I should have specified.The campaign one.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

It's a chaos star.
    Turns out this planet is actually a demon world .
    You been here long enough for Slaanesh to accept you into the family.
    And since you have already been abandoned by GW and Matt Ward it's not like you have any other place to go.
    Guilliman sure as hell don't need you back he got bigger better spazz marines MK2 now.

You are now to be designated as the new noise marine legion Horrific Dupstepious
    Don't worry actual musical skill will not be required.
    Tior and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I thought it was an Iron Halo, the honour badge, not the wargear item, painted onto the armour.
  7. SissehBoi Yuu-tan Subordinate

OH OH OH! Can I pillage the felinade world? an finally confirm if they are kitty girls an boi's an invite them into the happy, affectionate, bonding *ahem bondage ahem* family!
  8. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Had a closer look at the shoulder pad in the campaign photo; it seems to be an Iron Halo around a skull, sitting above an Aquila.
  9. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Campaign shoulder looks like a religious deal to me. Kind of like a fresco design or something you'd find on a ceiling. I see it as a reward from serving some kind of religious detail.

So I'm making a fan based non canonal story for it that it is the reward from performing a mission alongside some deligation from or directly for the Ecclisiarchy.