Background Image

What are your estimates for future player-numbers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

http://steamcharts.com/app/375230

EC's average players per day reached 650 at launch and 1300 at F2P-launch. Right now, we are at 137. (Yes, the player-count dropped in March despite the campaign.)

So, what happens when the new balance-patch drops?
    Or the new maps?
    Or the new game-mode?
    Or the new campaign-mode?
    Or the workshop?

My estimate is that the avg player-count will go to 300 for two months, then 200 for another month, then drop back to normal.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Who cares? It's not like there is much we can do about it besides what the community is already doing. Just go and play as long as you can.

Another game dead soon post? Just another of your useless posts!
  3. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Let's put the shoe on the other foot:

What exactly makes you think that EC can make a comeback and sustain the player-count of 600 players it had in olden-times?

And I didn't say that EC will be dead soon. EC is dead when the player-count drops so low that you can't get a game. (Helloooooooo 5-vs-5) I said that everything Behavior has up its sleeves will only be a temporary remedy.

So far, none of Behavior's ideas has that oomph that would keep players interested in EC in the long term.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  4. KHETTI Well-Known Member

EC will never have decent player numbers again and there is nothing you (the community) or the Developers can do to change that.
    Both did their part in making what EC is today, " A bad smell that just won't go away!", unfortunately i believe not a single lesson has been learnt, so it's just aswell.
    Behvr need to just kill it off and move on to their other junk projects and Games workshop need to stop acting like the local bike, putting out for anyone interested.
    LOBOTRONUS and KorgasTheReforged like this.
  5. Sindri Myr AnotherAlpharius Steam Early Access

If workshop, terminators and openworld - 30,000 :CSMAlpha:
    If everything above + bikes - 40,000 :EldarDragon:
  6. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

The population will probably be Bro and 10% of Blop.

Edited
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. KHETTI Well-Known Member

The TTK rebalance that happened, what a year ago?, was a major mistake, the population swelled for a couple of weeks after it, then about 70-80% left, it totally changed the feel of the game, and killed the WH40K feel in favour of a shitty twitch/exploit shooter, and thats what EC is today.
    LOBOTRONUS and ruititadiogo like this.
  8. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

Basically 90% of BLOP don't play EC anymore, me included.
    Krayt and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  9. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

Adjusted