Background Image

WH40K: "The time of Ending"

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Valrak, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

2. I'll believe anything but Dorn being the first primarch to be released. We'll see the Khan long before GW gives the stone men something good for a change.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

end time without actually end.
  4. Let me put it to you this way.
    Would such a change damage 40K?

If yes, the GW won't do all that's rumoured.
    If no, then GW might do some of what's rumoured.

I can see them moving the narrative on. Having things get worse.
    But I honestly can't see Daemon Primarchs or Loyalist Primarchs!

Why would they do Daemon Primarchs when they don'y know if people will buy them?
    Plus, not all the Greater Daemons have been done for 40K, with only Khorne having one. So why jump to Daemon Primarchs?

As for Loyalist Primarchs, FW have been doing them for the last 3 Years, and with Russ about to come out they've four more Lyalists to go (LEJ, The Khan, Dorn, and Sanguinius). I just don't think GW will infringe on that just yet as they've only just started doing HH Plastics.

40K has a development cycle of 18 months to 2 years, and there hasn't been enough time before that for them to see that the FW Primarchs are selling well and decide to cash in on that.
  5. Details Details The Spriteful

do you really think people would NOT buy primarchs?
    regardless of whether it's good for the setting from a creative point of view, change is profit.
  6. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

For me it comes down to one simple thing, money. Primarchs = Money. Look at 30k and the explosion of cash that has happened with FW over the past 2 years. GW want in and I think this is there way on it, now will it damage it or make it more popular? Only time will tell.
    castellan_crowe066 likes this.
  7. I'm saying 18 months to 2 years ago Primarchs would have been a gamble. And that's how long ago the decision to make them would have to be.
    Possibly even too much of a gamble.

Now FW have been making them, but for the first year they only did three, which doesn't really set a good baseline for how well they would sell.

Plus with FW making them why GW horn in on that?
    It just doesn't make sense to me.
  8. Sariel Searva Ordinate

I could see them doing Daemon Primarchs like Magnus after all we already have rules for Daemon Prince Angron. I highly doubt they do the loyalist ones. Maybe rules, but I doubt models.

I can see them potentially moving the story forward and bringing the Primarchs back. If you think about it, they are already set to potentially have 3 Primarchs in one place. With Warzone Fenris, The Rock is orbiting Fenris with the Grey Knights. I already predicted that this was already set for a massive Daemon incursion with all the warpgates opening all around the system. What traitor legion hates the Space Wolves the most? Thousand Sons. So Daemon Magnus attacks Fenris, Russ comes out of the warp chasing him and the Lion wakes up on the Rock. Boom, we have the most Primarchs together in 1 warzone since The Scouring. We also have The Dark Angels, The Space Wolves The Grey Knights and Daemons all together in one area making for a pretty epic fight for the Wolves' homeworld.
    bossaroo and castellan_crowe066 like this.
  9. Crowe castellan_crowe066 Steam Early Access

Your not alone Ironside, I too wonder why GW would make primarchs...but then again it is GW lol. I like what Sevial proposed and I can probably see that coming into fruition, but you never know.

If GW did make primarchs, they probably would charge the same as FW does. They are doing that for the Calaphratii Termies if I recall correctly, so I doubt they would try to push FW out of the same market. If anything GW would create another model option to choose from and this could generate more buzz surrounding the primarchs and may actually get more players investing money into 30k armies as well.

In the end, the money is going into their pockets and the pockets of the shareholders regardless of which company you buy from.
  10. I keep saying they'll not have had enough time to decide how well Primarchs were doing of FW sales, and then develop them properly.
    Daemon Primarchs they could have been planning since the launch of the HH rulebook by FW, which was three years ago.

No they're not.
    FW Cataphractii are £35 for just the bodies, plus £13 to £17 for a set of arms and weapons.
    GW's Cataphractii are £40 for the bodies, arms, ranged weapons, and CCW weapons.
    Even normal plastic Terminators are only £28 for the bodies with either Ranged or CCW weapons. Not both.

True.
    But they don't want to starve FW.
    Plus the FW Primarchs and Characters have generally been so gorgeous, it would be a lot for GW to live up to and do justice by.