Background Image

Wearin my left ring finger out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NocturneOfSolace, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Am I the only one who finds my left ring finger getting worn out from holding down sprint all the time, can we like get it to have an optional toggle or something?
    Cpt_Uriel_Ventris likes this.
  2. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

use your pinky?
  3. Been using that too, would setting sprint to caps lock work?

EDIT: It doesn't, damn it lol
  4. Tallar Tallar Arkhona Vanguard

You should work on a more relaxed way to press and hold down keys, with minimum effort.
    Sounds like you press too hard, try to be more smooth on holding the keys.

I learned that from playing instruments, tensing up and using too much strength with your fingers/hand will only result in pain. Not a wonderful experience.

Try to use your pinky. But maybe your keyboard is not moving smooth enough?

Edit:

DoomJester likes this.
  5. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

My fingers are fine, they are strong and lean like russian turnip.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Sprint should be handled same way as it is in Division and some other games.

You press the button while you move, you toggle sprint and it turns itself off when you stop moving.
    Much less strain on the finger.

Its pointless to have sprint like it is now if you need to hold the key for 80% of your gameplay time.
  7. I'm not experiencing pain, nor exactly pushing down too hard, it's just tiring to be holding it down all the time
  8. Tallar Tallar Arkhona Vanguard

Then try to use the new toggle feature in the custom key config =) Look in the patch notes, I don't know exactly where to configure the keybinding.
  9. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Need to look closer into that after work.
    That would be a blessing.
  10. Figured out where to find it. Instructions > Controls > Scroll down to the toggle sprint option.

Edit: It is on the left below the sprint key.
    Cpt_Uriel_Ventris likes this.