Background Image

Voice Chat is in Public Scalability Testing, and "how to be a XP generating machine aka Squad Leader

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Community Manager

[Repost from Steam]

Voice Chat is now in Public Scalability Testing on our Live servers.

You press & hold Z to talk, TAB-E to mute or vote-kick a person.

We'll be monitoring today what effects it has on networking, performance, servers and the moods of various deities.

You should also remember, that as a good Squad Leader, you are not only providing bonuses to your squad, you are an XP generating machine for everyone if you mark the objectives of your squad by aiming at a point (or wherever) and hold down Q!

So remember to set those objectives, and fit a proper squad bonus. Otherwise, the right thing to do is relinquish control.

Because this is what happens in a properly working squad.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZ8Q-7IvXw&feature=youtu.be
    Hertyan, Silas7, Ashgarm and 3 others like this.
  2. Tarantus Tarantus Arkhona Vanguard

Any way to turn of the voice chat at all? Like we had an option in settings long time ago?

Edit: nvm, found it, we can ucheck the box in settings when in garrison.
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  3. I can hear other players but it's not picking up my mic. I know my mic works because I use it on disco with no issues.
  4. Salvohhh!! Solei Drill Abbott

I'm not finding that box. Settings menu looks the same to me. Where do you find it?
  5. Tarantus Tarantus Arkhona Vanguard

Try to open settings while in garrison :)
  6. Salvohhh!! Solei Drill Abbott

I have been trying that, but no voip related options are present on any of the menus when I do. This is why I'm confused. :/
  7. Intercept Inter Prefectus

Open up the settings ingame (match) ...then the chechbox will pop-up to deselect VOIP.
  8. Sarise Sarise Active Member

Causing terrible strain on the servers resulting in almost an additional 1-2 second delay on top of the already significant delay with "good" ping.