Background Image

Upcoming Patch Balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

We have a patch coming up very soon (I always get in trouble when I say this but it's going to be either today or tomorrow), but this is a "first" patch and as such we're only addressing the biggest issues (the incorrect XP cap being my personal top priority). Of course, we are also doing some balance fixes.

Right now, we are analyzing the data to do a "real" balance pass, with our top priorities being to improve the Space Marines and reduce potential unfair advantages on the Eldar faction. However, we don't want to rush into bad changes that fix things that aren't broken. As such, the number of changes in this patch are very few, basically just to address some of the roughest imbalances. The next patch will be far more extensive in order that we can do these fixes the right way.

Once we've settled into a more regular pattern, you can expect full patches with content updates once a month, and balance patches every two weeks (plus hotfixes as necessary for emergency issues).

For the upcoming patch, only the following balance changes have been made:
    * Swooping Hawk weapon damage was reduced by 10%. Previously, Hawk weapons were similar in DPS to boltguns. This did not conform to our desire to make them a harassment class. Hawks should now expect to lose confrontations in which the enemy starts firing on them first, as was the intention.
    * The Striking Scorpion's "damage from out of stealth" buff has been reduced from 100% to 50%. This buff will probably get further changes in the future as we do more analysis, not just with numbers but also functionality.
    * The Reaper Launcher's starswarm missiles have had a number of changes in terms of damage and accuracy. In this case I think we probably went too far and I apologize for that so expect this to get changed further or even buffed in the next patch (we would have done this before but didn't want to block the other major fixes from going out). Note that the secondary fire starshot missiles haven't been touched, so the Reaper Launcher should still be a very effective anti-vehicle weapon.
    * Embolden's heal rate was reduced from 25/sec to 20/second. This will get more of a looking at with our analysis.

Our goal is not to just nerf things like crazy of course, and as we add more content into the game we will be doing so in a way as to address issues. For example, it will probably not be too long before we add grav weapons into the game and by doing so we will try to address deficiencies on the Space Marine side (not that we won't be giving them buffs along the way, this is just a much more interesting way of fixing things).

UPDATE: Yes, we're fixing the Hunter's Mark too.
  2. Meurto Active Member

Thanks for the update Brent.
  3. Most excellent.

Please tell me that Hawks Hunters Mark weapon is getting hotfixed more than 10% damage though, that thing is nuts.

Also PLEASE PLEASE tell me you have a fix for the Power Klaw light attack!
  4. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Good Eldar and LSM are being looked at.

Anything about Plasma?
    Gazrick, Sumshine, Nefastus and 2 others like this.
  5. Or Melta.

But it's good to hear an official voice confirming what many here have been claiming for weeks about factions balance.
    Nefastus, Dark-Knight and Crioxus like this.
  6. Necro Necroe Preacher

RIP reaper launcher T_T
  7. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Heheh Brent said eldors op :D

Whatchya gonna do about it now Asheru (try to lock this thread) :p

[​IMG]
  8. Sweet! Good to hear from you Brent.
  9. JC 042 JC042 Well-Known Member

My main annoyance about Eldar is their mysterious immunity to D Bash, hope this is looked at.
    Lucky_Jim and 0strum like this.
  10. DongSlayer DongSlayer Steam Early Access

Shots fired....lol