Background Image

UAT Playtest on New Map - August 24th @3:30 PM EST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Aug 22, 2018.

?

What do you think of the new map?

1. Love it

2. Hate it

3. Like it

4. MEH

5. Don't like it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Hey everyone,

I'll be hosting a playtest on August 24th at 3:30 PM EST on the new map.

The test will be CSM vs SM and there will be a couple relic packs given out to participants at random.

We're working with the leader banners at the moment and have given them a substantial buff. We will look at how this affects gameplay and adjust them accordingly. (Eldar and Ork banners have not yet been done)

I hope to see you on the battlefield.

Jordan
  2. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Jippie, that is a timeslot I actually have free! Sign me up (and maybe remind me tomorrow, too much on the mind atm :D).
    Question though: What exactly would the time be in CEST? Either 20:30 or 21:30, but which of those? The timezone calcs offer both, dem useless gitz :OrkGoff:.
    jbregg likes this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Hopefully now that the banners are being revisited the bugged Nurgle banner finally gets a bugfix and it returns to its original green color from the current pitch black color (on the Black Legionnaire).
  4. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

21:30, my bad we're on EDT not EST.
    JojoKasei likes this.
  5. Durash Durash Arkhona Vanguard

I doubt more than one or two of us will show up, so gl hf.
  6. All stats are +15%.
    Deathwish likes this.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I might be able to make that test tomorrow actually.
    How ever I'd need the UAT 1st.
    Can someone point me to a link or a thread that explains how to get into the UAT.
    I can't remember for the life of me .. something about steam options and beta settings or something.

Btw 15% spread reduction for spread banners seems a bid excessive since the game hardly has any spread penalty's already.. but we'll see.
    Also do banners still have no effect on the dude that's carrying it ?
  8. Thana Thana Curator

on steam library, Right click on EC, Properties then BETAS tab, then opt into UAT Beta.

You have to manually switch between BETA and live everytime.
    Catnium likes this.
  9. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

attach to backpack or like an Ancient SM holding banner

or an item to throw
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Creating other legions on UAT and checking the Nurgle banner on them, it would appear the banner is pitch black on all of them. I thought it was taking the subfaction color (hence why i mentioned Black Legionnaire), but it just is black for everyone it seems. Even the loadout icon is showing how green the Nurgle banner used to be, im assuming this is no monumental task to revert its colors to whatever build had the right green one.

Also, checking on banners on UAT:

1) All the flavor text for each banner was replaced with an explanation of what color the banners glow, would be better if this color explanation text was in parenthesis and the flavor text is brought back. Dunno why we would be going backwards.

2) All the color text on each banner is mixed up, or so im assuming. It says the Khorne banner emits a purple glow, the Tzeentch one glows red, the Slaanesh banner glows green, and the Nurgle banner glows blue.

And while banners are being revisited, perhaps their size/height should too. Compare any of the CSM banners to the default CSM banner. All the others are much higher above the squad leaders head, on a much higher banner poll. They are all also allot larger in size than the default CSM banner. Other banners were small as well before, i remember asking Noah to resize them back in the day and he did, making them allot more visible and awesome to all who follow the squad lead. I guess he didnt take the default CSM banner into consideration.

Id say allot of the LSM banners need love as well, the only one that is visible enough and large enough is the Founders only banner, the other LSM banners cant come close to how good that one is. And the Orks could do with a size increase on theirs as well (plus the mirroring of theirs so both side of the poll have a banner, cause currently they are only visible if you are walking from behind the squad leader). The size of the Orks doesent help the banner either, since they are allot broader and thus the small banner is even less visible (plus since its boss pole is also too short its not raised high enough from the body of the Ork model).