Background Image

Twitch - January 13

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

They better reduce the cost of the Tempest Launcher and Force Axe by 80 Loadout Points!
    Warriant likes this.
  2. Exciting progress. Once everything gets balanced and connections are truly solid I'll put more time into the game but currently I'm guilty of waiting on updates then binge-ing the game for about a week.

I know this game needs allot of work still but I gotta say I'm hoping every update to see Attack bikes
    Thunderwolves & Wolf Claws added.
  3. Mandulis Mandulis Active Member

Along with thunder hammer and dual wield, waiting for two powerfists so bad
  4. Yuki Yuki Firebrand

I do hope they address damage over-scaling issues with this next patch. That is the main gripe I have with playing so consistantly, is that I'm being more or less 1 or 2 hit killed across the map any time I don't play Chaos.
  5. Redfingers Recruit

I hope that one of the thing they address in the LP reconfiguration is the Space Marine Iron Halo pricing.

It's quite interesting to me that the Ork gobs were fixed, with the Iron gob at 300 providing similar benefit to the elite level Iron Halos, and the Rusty Gob at 150 actually providing similar benefit to the above, but exclusive to the slugga boy class. Even on my Slugga boy nob I just wear the 150 gob and make up the slight difference with trinkets.

By contrast it's not even worth using a 400 LP halo on a veteran space marine. Just bizarre. LP has needed rebalancing for a long time.
  6. I HAVE A KUESTION. WILL THE HANDLING OF THE KANNON WAGUN'S TURNS EVER BE MADE A BIT MORE MANAGEABLE? IT GLIDES LIKE ITS ON ICE HALVE THE TIME, AND ALSO TENDS TO GO IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION YOU TRY TO TURN IN.

ALSO, HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED MAKING SKIRMISH VERSIONS OF THE CURRENT FORTRESS MAPS FOR MORE VARIABILITY? HARKUS ALONE COULD FIT TWO MAPS, ONE IN THE FORTRESS ITSSELF AND ANOTHER IN THE RUINS OUTSIDE OF IT, IT WOULD INCREASE THE DIVERSITY OF MAPS AVAILABLE WITHOUT AS MUCH MAP DEVELOPMENT, PLUSS OPEN UP THE GATEWAY TO MAKING DIFFERENT STORY DRIVEN MAP TYPES.
  7. Jaywalker Jaywalker Steam Early Access

Here's a big one to whoever is making those decisions:

There are 4 definitions of what a Waaagh! is:
    -a warcry
    -an event(Orkish "crusade")
    -a large gathering of Orks
    -a psychic phenomena unique to Orks

The current implementation of Waaagh! in the game is predominantly focused on the "large gathering" definition, resulting in an unending tide of Orks during the last 5 minutes of a game. This implementation is disastrous for the quality of matches with Orks present, as it makes them burn through precious tickets during fortress defenses or makes any points held by Orks absolutely unassailable in skirmishes. In a majority of both situations those last 5 minutes is no fun for whichever team is losing and the result of the match is essentially sealed.

The last definition of Waaagh!, the "psychic phenomena"reads as follows:
    "A gathering of Orks generates a psychic field known as the Waaagh!, which allows Orks to instinctively recognize who is "bigga" and therefore in charge. The Waagh! also seems to warp reality to fit Orkish beliefs, allowing their ramshackle technology to function properly. If Orks are convinced that their designs are sound and functional, the Waaagh! makes them so."
    This definition would be much more relevant in terms of gameplay, as it is:
    -functional at an individual level
    -works much like the current "morale bonuses"
    -involves effects that can be active for the full duration of a game
    -involves effects that do not skew the result of a match

Some suggestions include:
    -Rework bosspole bonuses to scale with the number of allies within squad cohesion range.
    -Rebalance Orkish arsenal to operate worse when outside of squad cohesion range and better within it.
    -Include an additional morale bonus independent of the squad leader's bosspole, such as health regeneration or a chance to use no ammunition while firing.

To put it shortly:
    Current implementation of Waaagh! is bad for the game and based on the wrong definition of Waaagh!, please consider reworking it based on the more relevant "psychic phenomena" one.
    Thurservorr, Brutuz and BlackGoo like this.
  8. mindless Largo First Blood!

1)add class skills;
    2)do the normal balance of firearms and bladed weapons (people prefer grav gun and bolters not because they are cool, but because there is no sensible alternative, there is nothing to oppose the assault trooper); Space Marine you an example of how to balance.
    3)redo PvE mode that you could play comfortably and not get hurt and humiliation every time (if you want to make the game more difficult, just add another difficulty to those who have been before);
    4)Customization should be more useful, otherwise the whole system can be to throw in the trash, and nothing will change at the same time
    5)system loadout points in need of processing, in the current form, it is completely useless;
    6)add customization combat vehicles;
    7) add rocket launcher for devastator/havoc;
    8)review the possibility of using the veteran class once per fight ... just this aspect in today's edition discourages players earn experience, which would open the veterans;
    9)pricing - in my country many people do not want to buy, often because there is little content or slowly developed, but because expensive. cut the price by half, at least.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  9. Nari Nari Deacon

Could we get a status update regarding the Campaigns?
    What new game modes can we expect in the future to be added?
    What can we expect to be done in 2017 -(road map)?
    Thurservorr and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  10. Octave Octave First Blood!

Oh, what a coincidence, i just wanted to watch you play some more.

What? Questions?
    Thurservorr likes this.