Background Image

Trying to come back....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whiskey, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

I played for awhile, then took a long break and I have recently been trying to get back into the game, however, I wait literally, hours to get a match. And then heaven forbid I chose to play LSM because that just turns into an "I am Spashe Muhreen pew pew" everyone running around willy-nilly doing Khorne knows what but certainly not helping each other.

So, has there been a serious fall off in the player base? Or am I somehow not queueing properly? Should I not connect through steam...I dunno I am willing to try about anything at this point.
    Firskon, LOBOTRONUS and Data8671 like this.
  2. Make sure fortresses are on, you don't have it set to connect to a specific server, and check the world map to see if any games are almost done or if a load just started. Orks will take hours, as will Eldar (OP).
    And yes. We've lost players.
  3. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

Thanks man
  4. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Welcome back to the ghost town my friend. Current player base is abysmal. Average numbers per month right now is about 150, with a peak of around 200-300 players. Basically the player base is back to what it was when the game launched. That’s usually between 12pm-9pm in North America for peak, which usually has about 5-6 maps going at a time.

If you’re an after hours/early morning player like me? I’m lucky to see 40-50 on at a time. Que takes about 15-20 minutes. So basically I don’t bother playing much anymore, as I can’t afford to sit around for 20 minutes in queues.
    Catnium, Firskon and Gravord like this.
  5. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

Game is anywhere from 280-450 during peak hour(s). Depends if it's weekend or not. Eldar/Orks are hard/impossible to get games for outside of peak time unless you warparty with a bunch of people, otherwise it's usually LSM/CSM. There are games 24/7, but only like 1 to 2 at once on LSM/CSM during dead time. And yea, as Data said, connect to all servers with forts on. Game has a small population but still has more content in the works on UAT currently, so there's still new stuff being created for the game to look forward to which is nice.
    Dekra likes this.
  6. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

Thanks all!
  7. Soo, as long as this thread all about comebacks, i want to ask a question - is there any reason to return? Any good news? Updates, perhaps?
    Firskon and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  8. Briefly and honestly: I would be surprised to see EC survive until the end of 2018 without an immediate and huge content update. The game is in agony.
  9. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

Another issue I see is Clans like Bro- that blatantly exploit in any way they can, and then just kick the hell out of everyone they play. Even if a new player were to be interested that is going to turn them away in short order.

So yeah, I changed my settings and got a few matches but it's nearly impossible to have fun when the only fights you get are against Bro- and their impeccable aim, and their weird ability to be on a point - literally - as soon as a match starts. I wish I knew that trick. Anyway, it was a not fun few hours and I doubt I will be back.

@TheninthKeeper - no, not really any reason at all from what I have seen.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  10. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Don’t try, just come back :)

And don’t listen to the haters