Background Image

Trinkets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Aug 11, 2018.

1. While browsing through files, I came across a bunch of trinkets that are not in game. I'm only going to say stuff about the LSM/CSM ones because I know those factions best.
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\CM_Wargear
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\SM_Wargear

Currently there are two levels of each trinket, minor and major. However, images for up to four different levels of each exist (and they need no new models to be put into the game). I think it would help with diversifying the builds we use if they were added. Currently, minor trinkets cost 10 LP, and major ones cost 20 LP. I think that the new ones could be implemented at 50 LP and 75 LP costs, with stat bonuses set appropriately for the LP cost.

[​IMG]
    CST_icon_NurgleBud-3.png CST_icon_JuggernautEye_Major_3.png
    Kinda rushed post, got to go somewhere
    NoU likes this.
  2. Kjall Kjall Active Member

It's probably just unused icons for already existing trinkets.
  3. So there's 4 levels of body health trinket on chaos? This is news to me
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

there is a lot of stuff in the files that still predates the lobby shooter era.
    plus any dev always has access to extra material justincase they need it for future expansion or patches.
    its quite common in the business to have artists and graphic designers work on more stuff that they actually need at the time for future use.
    This is mostly the shit Nathan showed us on dev streams saying OOH LOOK we are working on vehicle mods really we are..... errrr..
    While in reality it was just some stuff laying around that the original dev team worked on at some point in the passed.
  5. Well why not finish some of it then? The bits that could be added?
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

there is like 2 ppl working on the game atm if im not mistaken .. both of which aint even actual devs .. they are our maintenance mode crew basically.

which is a stage a game enters post release.
    It's the maintenance crew who usually ends up using the stuff the artists and such made prior to create new content..
    which is kinda what our lads are doing already.
    We'l just have to wait and see what stuff they can create with what they have laying around.

Keep in mind tho that if they have limited art resources they cant just use them willy nilly else they might run out of stuff for actually good things down the line.
  7. Well I'd rather have them now than when there's 10 'skilled' players left
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  8. I'll try to in between the rollex bolter people dominating games and guild stacks sucking the fun away from it
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  9. If I wanted to get better at melee I'd ask @Fiendly. I do well enough to enjoy the game, I don't need to be top of the scoreboard or get the most kills to enjoy the game. In fact, I've been playing sorcerer a lot recently, it's relaxing and enjoyable, no pressure to kill, just to support and hold the team together
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  10. NoU Recruit

yes use more thing not in game yet if art is there like they make it so much better maybe and more option on how i make selection on build of what i use