Background Image

Tournament Hype

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andraina, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Andraina Andraina Curator

In case you lot missed it, on the stream today they announced the opening of a Guild Vs Guild Founders EC Tournament featuring (apparently) 8 guilds who will compete for the ultimate bragging rights and the ability to knock the devs several new ones after they win.

No Brackets or the actual dates have been announced yet, but there's no reason not to have some speculation hype and (toned down) Trash talk!

Finally we unguilded can watch you gits crump one another instead of us!
    BruvvaThomas and Elifas like this.
  2. Haldur Haldur Curator

This sounds great. I am really looking forward!

But I am a bit concerned about the difference for guilds from different regions! What do you guys think about that?
    Cegorach likes this.
  3. Well if we've got a 50:50 chance of ending up on the Stateside or Irish server it might play to the Euro clans advantage. They're used to having high ping and latency issues and can hold their own on the American server. Many players closer to the current server in the USA don't have the experience of dealing with teleporting foes and death behind cover and it may handicap them greatly.
    Noromiz and Haldur like this.
  4. Wallabe Wallabe Active Member

I mean, it's intended more for testing purposes, and it seems like the only thing to be won here is prestige.
  5. GreyNight ArtemK Arkhona Vanguard

there was a word about special armor set back in the day. For a winner.

Also, what are the rules to participate? YOu have to be just big enough guild or what?
  6. Andraina Andraina Curator

There was a minimum amount of info other than a Teaser. Katie said there was 8 guilds to be involved, maybe there will be more? I have no idea, everyone doesn't seem to know.
  7. Kell Kell Well-Known Member

Uumm whoot!?
  8. You also have to be a founder.
  9. Krokilla Krokilla First Blood!

ROIGHT DEN BOYZ! Tournament for testin' purposes or not, us Orkz are gonna win it! We'ze ain't even in da game yet and we're gunna krump da rest of you gitz!

WAAAGHBOYZ! Dis 'ere is the moment we've been waiting for! A chance to properly represent the Ork playerbase, remember that only founder's can paritcipate. I myself will be keepin' my ear to the ground for more information, those of you gitz followin' me will see this post! Remember! Only founder's can participate in this 'ere scrap, so find yer' key or spread da word to our founder clansmen!

And for you Orkz without a guild with founder's access, Da 'Ard Waaaghboyz ain't gonna fight dis one alone. You too can fight with us, so long as ye' wear our guild tag for this event and speak in our TS! Lets show all the other Crusaders what Ork Playerz can do!
  10. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

I wonder if any of the Eldar guilds are large enough to make a competitive NA team :D
    No matter where the tournament is hold, there will be someone getting into troubles with lagging. Also, I suppose this will be between Chaos and Loyalists?