Background Image

Too Much Skulls For The LSM?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Beatusx, Mar 29, 2017.

?

Does the LSM look too Gothic/Dark for a royal human faction

1. Yes they use too much skulls and seems very dark..

2. No this is what makes them loyal , they prey The Holy Emperor via skulls

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Beatus Beatusx Subordinate

Hi friends ,

The LSM always seemed the bright/er side of the 40k universe to me and many of others, but isnt it disturbing that they use Skulls for decorations and at equipments too much?

I mean, there should be a clear difference between factions but with that much of skulls used everywhere makes hard to differ the LSM from Chaos.

Does anyone knows why the LSM look so dark for a loyal terran faction? There is almost no difference between them for a beginner.

I have read alot of chapters at Lexicanum but there was no clue.

If someone enlightens us , i would be so glad.
  2. Mr Bunny mrbunny Arkhona Vanguard

Space marines have never been bright. Check out sm artwork. Skulls and other Gothic religious motifs are always prominent.

Everything in 40k is dark, even the good guys.
  3. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

You kidding me? What makes you think Space Marines are the bright side of 40k?

Black Templars are religious fanatics that purge everything that's a psyker or somewhat heretical
    Iron Hands abhor all flesh and despise the weak (i.e normal humans)
    Dark Angels will kill everyone and anyone up to inquisitors to keep their secrets secret, and will gladly abandon or betray Imperial allies to do so
    Blood Angels drink blood and go into fits of berserk frenzied rage that they can't come back from
    Their successors, the Blood Drinkers and Exsanguinagors, also obviously do this
    Their successors, the Flesh Tearers, not only drink blood but also slaughter civilians
    Heck, they have successors called Flesh Eaters who do exactly what you think they do
    The Marines Malevolent are such massive dicks that any non astartes might as well consider them to be chaos Marines

Finally there's the fact that out of all the chapters, only Lamenters, Salamanders and Space Wolves really care about civilians. Others either will not risk Astartes lives to save civilians (you can always just get more civilians from other planets, but Astartes are expensive), or will use civilians as a tool to destroy the enemy (bait, or shields).
    mrbunny likes this.
  4. Mr Bunny mrbunny Arkhona Vanguard

5. Baelish4Prez2016 First Blood!

Baby blue and yellow color for their armor maybe.
  6. Mr Bunny mrbunny Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]
    I can do this all night
  7. Beatus Beatusx Subordinate

we can not see the images
  8. Mr Bunny mrbunny Arkhona Vanguard

You can't? Crap, they show up for me :(
  9. Beatus Beatusx Subordinate

now we can thanks ,
  10. Skulls are symbolic within the Imperium, they represent the sacrifice the Emperor made for mankind.

I'd hardly call the Imperium "the good guys", but maybe that's just me.
    Niothewarlock likes this.