Background Image

The State of Nathan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Aug 12, 2018.

1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

So i've not been following EC for awhile, i'm wondering what is the status of Nathan on this project now? Has anyone seen him anywhere, heard from him at all?

I see that he hasnt been active on the forum for awhile, nor has he been that active on his Twitter. Has he left the project? Or has bE silently removed him from the project like so many devs in the past. Considering that taking devs from the project and not passing it through the community in any way is a trademark of bE by now, i wouldnt put it past the higher ups in this company.
    LOBOTRONUS and Vaanes like this.
  2. Ruining another project, promises, cash, run away
    Ivrain, Vaanes and Firskon like this.
  3. Missing presumed in Iceland
    @Oveur where you at?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Nathan rhymes with Satan ..

I imagine he's off taking more candy from a baby somewhere.

He'l promise the world to that kid...
    LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

He pmed me on discord 2 month ago but silence since
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Last update we had there were family-issues. It has been a while but could still be relevant.
    He shows up on discord from time to time but barely says anything, I think it's just to show us that he is still there.
    With how things are, I would be very surprised to learn that he is currently working on EC full-time.

Nathan once said he was moved to EC to do a specific job. I believe that job was "damage control", making sure this disaster loses them as little reputation and money as possible. That's why there was a rushed release with a publisher known to be money-grabbing and promises instead of substance. I also think that job was mostly done about a year ago so who knows what he has been up to since.
    RustyRake likes this.
  7. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Anything of that PM that you are willing to share? If its even relevant to the topic ofc.

I dont use Discord, when was the last time he was actually active?
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Nothing special really
  9. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Nathan and what few remaining devs we have left have gone dark, their working on a couple of things last I checked:
    • The Steam Workshop aspect of EC so people can upload skins / models for approval.
    • Taking larger maps which have significant areas that remain unused (such as Harkus / Anthagio / Ronan trenches / Olypsis) to be split off into individual maps.
    • Balance / Bug Fixes
      • (Roumer) has it the Stalker Bolter is getting nerfed.
      • Shooting 'nades to explode them is in the process of getting nerfed and will roll out with next patch
      • Shooting into a rolling crouch and instantly popping up without animation frame delay bug is apparently being removed.
    • Eldar and Ork factions are going to get Requisition buffs to incentify people playing them.
    • We're supposed to be getting the ability to loadout our own vehicles with specific weapons (Multimelta instead of Heavy Bolter for Predator for example)
    • No word on Nathan's previous statement that he was "in discussion" with people in Samoa regarding launching an advertising campaign to warrant South Pacific investment and possibly a server in that region - not holding out any hopes for that one.
    I think that's about it.
    LOBOTRONUS and Data8671 like this.
  10. Devs aren't dark, they just don't like to roll around in the dirt called forums as much as we do (though time to time jbregg dives in). There are ways to communicate directly with the devs, and if you'd be half as interested instead of just being interested to posting salt, it would be no problem for you to find out how, but I guess devs are lucky and you haven't found out, yet. Which brings me to stuff that is worked on, jbregg is really positiv about change suggestions or little tweaks/fixes to the maps if you actually take a second to formulate them clear, salt free and constructive, though that doesn't mean a good formulated suggestion will make it in game, because sometimes the other side just doesn't like your idea as much as you do.

Then there is stuff like stun grenade, new map, cosmetics, or ongoing weapon rebalance to remove OHKs you forgot about. You know, stuff that is actually on the UAT instead of in months old "this might come" posts.
    Data8671 and Krayt like this.