Background Image

the master of mankind (potential spoilers)

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Grigdusher, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

[​IMG]
    opinions?

Cousins. It was true, if one employed a generous licence with the truth. The warriors of the Space Marine Legions were raised through a similar process to the Ten Thousand, albeit in the coldest and crudest imitation. Diocletian had been reshaped at the fundamental level, with perfection threaded through his blood and bred into his bones. In contrast, his lesser cousins among the eighteen Legions were cut open by knives and implanted with false organs, relying on surgical ingenuity and genetic rituals to mimic the end result of better, more painstaking, more complete, work.
  2. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Curious about it, I bet some secrets gonna be revealed!
  3. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Meh its just going to point out what kind of tyrant he always was.
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

some spoilers:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1431

- There are Blackshield Knights - and a female baron!
    - Many cool 'new' mechanicum units for 30k who have no rules yet - Battle-Servitors, Sicarii Vigilators, Kastelan Automata, Skitarii ... well, we know most of them already from 40k, right?
    - Arkhan Land is in it. And he has a psyber monkey. And a Grav-Raider with a quad-volkite - the tank is the size of a Spartan.
    - Speaking about Spartans - Grav-Spartans are a thing!
    - Custodes have jetbikes and cataphractii terminators with incendium firepikes
    - Sisters of Silence also use axes - and Grav-Rhinos
    - Drachn'yen is there!
    - If you fire your volkite weapon it will make CHOOOOM - yep, chooom is in the book :)

I really enjoyed the book - one of the best ones we got so far. Great work ADB!

Regards,
    Lady Atia

Edit:
    Since I got asked - four more, slightly larger, about the big E himself :)

- The Big E eats 1000 psykers in order to leave his throne and fight in the webway ... 1000 souls are enough for one day :p
    - He used to prep bodies for burial rituals as a child - when he finds out that his uncle killed his dad he sees that humanity needs to be ruled. He stops his uncles heart with his psychic powers.
    - He totally wrote Pinnocchio!
    - He doesn't sees himself as "father" of the Primarchs. They are tools. He refers to them with numbers instead of names^^
  5. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

I finished reading it on Saturday night just before general release. It is an interesting read. And I would say read the last few chapters very slowly.

Over all good read.
    Now I'm onto the Fabius bile one, now that is interesting and hilarious
  6. Finished reading it. I feel like burning it...ADB did what we all knew was going to happen, he ruined Emps.

I mean seriously, I was struggling to read this blatant character assassination of a book.

Emps was not very likable before, but now I see absolutely no reason to serve ADB Emps.
  7. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

I already knew ADB would go full chaos edge lord in this, yet somehow he managed to go 'above' my expectations.
    Remember when the ethics of compliance were debatable? Now there is literally no reason to be a loyalist, but it is always darkest before the dawn. I know that in the final battle, Abnett will give us the God Emperor we all adore.
  8. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

He is the same tyrant he always was.You know the "dick" you loyalists all loved.The ends justify the means kinda bullshit.
    Just because he doesnt love the loyalist astartes doesnt change much.:p
  9. The 40klore subreddit currently has several spoilerific posts about the various themes of the book. General consensus seems to be that Abaddon's Dear Bitch ADB pulled a colossal dick move with the Emperor.
  10. Yes it so does. Why would he hold back against Horus now...What possible reason would he have to not use his full power on him the instant he sees him.

Of course he did. AD bias B killed any symptahy one would have for the Emperor. He not only makes the final battle retarded, because Emps wanted to save Horus, before he realised there was no turning back. Now he treats them all like Angron.