Background Image

The Little Guide of the Space Marine

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by thibaud, Mar 16, 2017.

1. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

Introduction

Greetings my brothers ! I've search for a long time in the deeps of the warp for a guide, a teaching to help me in the Eternal Crusade. I found clues, indications, paths. I've found knowledge, scatterred in the vast space.

I believe now it's time to write... The Little Guide of the Space Marine !
    (pre-order now for 5.000.000 imperials credits)

As you can see, the goal of this thread is to help new players for making their wargear choices : what weapon is good at...with what mods...with armour...with what trinkets...etc...
    I hope you will give a lot of feedbacks beacuse it's what we need : feedback.

Of course, the format of the anwers will be ordored and respectful.

Exemple : I use the CQC barrel on the bolter because it's quite powerful at close range and I like to fight at close range. V
    And not :USE THE CQC BARREL BCAUSE IT'S OP !!!! X

P.S : I don't speak english natively, I'm french, so don't hesitate to correct me when i make a grammar fault or something else ;)
  2. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

The Tactical Marine

The Tactical Marine is the main class of the Space Marine faction. Versatile, tactical, able to face infantry and vehicles depending on the wargear, and able to cap. It's a very powerful class in good hands. It's also a very good class when you are starting to play.

Wargear :

Main Weapon :

• Boltgun / Boltgun (Alt) / Venerable Boltgun : Your main weapon. Precise, deadly at sort and medium range, and a lot of mods to equip. You will use it at rank 1, and you will use it at rank 6. One of the beast weapon in the game in my opinion. 2 fire modes : automatic (default) and 3 rounds burst fire (pressing X).
    • Master Crafted Boltgun / Gilded Bolter : A more precise boltgun with less recoil and spread at the movement.
    • Optics : - x2 : A very good scope in my opinion. Very good to perform headshots at between close and medium range. The 20lp aren't very expensive.
    - x3.4 : An scope more usable in a medium range gunfight. The 20lp aren't very expensive to.

- x4 : As the 3.4 scope, an optic more usable in medium range gunfight. [Never used it : NEED FEEBACK]

- x6 scope : A scope more usable at long range for sniping.
    • Barrel : - Compensator : Less horizontal recoil but more spread at movement. Worth it for me.
    - Extended Barrel : Reduce the damage falloff but reduce slightly the damage. More usable at medium and long range. [Never used it : NEED FEEBACK]

- Muzzle Brake : Less vertical recoil but more spread at movement. I always take it if I can.

-CQC Barrel : increase the damage but increase the damage falloff. More usable at close range [Never used it : NEED FEEBACK]
    • Grip : - Dampener Grip : reduce recoil but reduce accuracy. Good if you are standing and shooting to your ennemy, but not worth it if you are in movement.
    - Stabilising Grip : reduce movement penalty but increase recoil. Not worth it at all.

- Textured Grip : Improve accuracy but increase recoil. Good if you are shooting in movement, but not worth it if you are standing and shooting at your ennemy.
    • Magazine : - Box Magazine : 40 rounds instead of 30. Very good to me and the 20lp cost isn't very expensive.
    - Drum Magazine : 60 rounds instead of 30. [Never used it : NEED FEEDBACK]

-Fast Reload Magazine : You are reloading more quickly (obvious). I find it very useful especially if you are facing lot of ennemies.

-Armour Piercing Rounds : 110 pen instead of 100. [Never used it : NEED FEEDBACK]

Dice Bolter mods feeback : http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/thr...of-the-space-marine.64565/page-2#post-1438909

• QuickSilver Pattern Boltgun : A boltgun with a x3.4 scope, more accurate but fire 3 rounds burst only. It's good if you want to perform headshots quickly and precisly. And the design is nice.
    • Stalker Bolter : A boltgun with an Extended Barrel, a x6 scope, higher damage, higher recoil and spread, less ammo and semi-automatic. Very good at medium and long range (it's a sniper basically). [Don't use it very often : NEED FEEBACK]
    Oan-Mkoll Stalker Bolter feedback : "Stalker bolter with deactivated optic works really well and is LSMs only answer vs turtling enemies, works in hip fire quite nicely too."
    • Sternguard Bolter : A Master Crafted Bolter with x4 scope and a Drum Magazine. Not very worth it for the cost, but the skin is very nice.

• Plasma Gun / Plasma Gun (Alt) : An iconic weapon for a deadly purpose. Good damage, good pen and good firerate. Careful to the overheat which can happen very quickly. 3 fire modes : semi-automatic (default), automatic (pressing X) and charged shot (holding LMB).
    • Master crafted Plasma Gun / Apollo Patter Plasma Gun : Less horizontal recoil. Not worth it for +100lp.
    • Optic : - x2 : As the x2 Bolter scope, it's more usable for short / medium range. It's very "meh" for a Plasma Gun.
    - x3.4 : As the x3.4 Bolter scope, it's more usable for medium range. It's very "meh" for a Plasma Gun.
    • Fusion Core / Heat Sink : No mods yet.
    • Grip : - Angled Grip : Reduce the recoil for the first shot. Not worth it at all.
    - Stabilizing Grip : Increase accuracy while on the move. Good if you move often.

- Textured Grip : Reduce spread per shot. A very good mod, take it if you can.
    • Ammunition : No mods yet.

• Meltagun / Meltagun (Alt) : Essentially a anti-vehicle weapon, not very powerful against infantry. Try to take a Meltabomb to take down vehicles quickly.
    • Master Crafted Meltagun : Less heat per shot. Not worth it for +100lp.
    • Heat Sinks : No mods yet.

• Storm Bolter / Storm Bolter (Alt) : Basically, take two Bolter side by side and it give you the Storm Bolter. Great firepower but a lot of spread and recoil. Not very precise at medium / long range, but very deadly at close range.
    • Master Crafted Storm Bolter : Less horizontal recoil and spread in movement. Not worth it for the +100lp cost.
    • Barrel : No mods yet.
    • Grip : - Angled Grip : Reduce the first shot recoil. Don't worth it at all, the gun is spreading so much.
    - Stabilizing Grip : Increase accuracy while on the move. A good mod even if you aren't often in movement.

- Textured Grip : Reduce spread increase per shot. A good mod, take it if you can.

• Vengeance Storm Bolter : 100 pen instead of 100. [Don't have it yet : NEED FEEDBACK]

• Grav-Gun / Grav-Gun (Alt) : My second favorite weapon. It's like a Meltagun but instead of fire, you slow the ennemy by 35% (50% against vehicles). A very good weapon for supporting fire.
    • Master Crafted Grav-Gun : Less heat per shot. Not worth it for +100lp.
    • Barrel : - Stabilising Servo : Reduce vertcal recoil. Quite good for 10lp.
    • Ammunition : - Extended Charge Pack : 600 ammo instead of 500. Worth it for 20lp.
    - High Transference Power Cell : Increase damage but increase heat to. [Never tested it : NEED FEEDBACK]
    - High Transference Power Cell :Increase more the damage but increase more heat to. [Never tested it : NEED FEEDBACK].
    • Snap-Grav : A Grav-Gun which does a lot of damage but overheat very quickly. [Don't have it : NEED FEEDBACK].
    Dice Grav-Gun mods feedback : http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/thr...of-the-space-marine.64565/page-2#post-1438920

Pistols :

Same as the Jump / Ground Assault.

Check the Jump / Ground Assault Section for details. (Not ready yet)

Melee Weapons :

• Combat Knife / Combat Knife (Alt) : A basic knife to defend yourself against melee infantry. Not good but not bad.
    • Master Crafted Combat Knife : 125 durability and 25 regen/s instead of 100 and 20/s. [Never used it : NEED FEEDBACK].
    • Treatment : - Edge Enhancment : 110 pen instead of 100. [Nver used it : NEED FEEDBACK].
    - Sulfuric Acid-Etching : Increase the damage. Worth it if you go often to melee.

Consumables :

• Medi Pack : A good choice for the most of the loadouts. It could save your life if there isn't an Apothecary nearby. [Need other opinions : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    • Ammo Pack : A good choice if you equip a weapon with rapid fire, as the Bolter or the Storm Bolter. It can replenish your grenades, so if you have a Frag / Krak bundle or a Melta Bomb, it's also a good choice. [Need other opinions : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    • Ammo Bundle : [Never tested it : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    Grenades :

• Frag Grenade : A basic grenade which can provide a good source of damage, especially against group of ennemies. [Need other opinions : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    • Frag Bundle : [Never tested it : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    • Krak Grenade : More an anti-vehicle choice but it can be good against infantry. [Need other opinions : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    • Krak Bundle : [Never tested it : NEED FEEDBACKS]
    • Melta Bomb : The anti-vehicle grenade. You need to get close to the vhehicle but it's extremely powerful against it. I Recommand to use it with a melta gun or an ammo pack.
    • Support Servo-Skull : An excellent supporting grenade. It reveal the ennemies in the zone and they take 25-30% (need to confirm the number) more damage, ideal to purge a room or to prevent an ennemy to capture a point.
    Armour :

• Armour :
    • Power Armour : Your basic armour. Don't take it if you got the artificer Armour or if you want to make a loadout with the Power Armour. [Need more opinions : NEED FEEDBACK]
    • Artificer Power Armour : I take every time this armour. At first sight it could be very epensive for not much protection, but the +20 thoughness (8-12% damage decrease) is really worth it.[Need more opinions : NEED FEEDBACK]
    • Relic Power Armour : [Never used it : NEED FEEDBACK]

• Wargear 1 :
    • Seal of the Medicae : +16 Health. A good choice if you want a little more survavibility. Cheaper than the Seal of forging.
    • Strong Seal of the Medicae : +30 Health. More survavibility for a higher cost, but it's worth it for me, i take it if I can.
    • Seal of Forging : +15 Armour. More expensive than the Seal of the Medicae and the armour less important than the health for me. It's according to your preferences.
    • Strong Seal of Forging : +30 Armour. Same as opinion as for the Seal of Forging.
    • Flexible Generator : +30 Armour / Armour Regen Delay 30% faster. It's expensive but it's pretty worth it if you want a good armor with good regen. [Need more opinions : NEED FEEDBACK]
    • Overcharge Generator : +50 Armour. [Never used it : NEED FEEDBACK]
    • Iron Halo (Veteran Only) : +70 Armour. A good choice if you you really want to increase the survicability of you veteran. Take it if you can, unless choose cheaper options.
    • Halo of the Adept : +70 Armour / Armour Regen Delay 30% faster. [Don't have it : NEED FEEDBACK]

• Wargear 2 :
    • Seal of Durance : Stamina Regen Delay 15% faster. I never see a situation where the object save my life [Need more opinion : NEED FEEBACK]
    • Seal of Tacticum : Stamina Regen Delay 30% faster. Worth it if you are rolling often, or if you are going to melee often. [Need more opinion : NEED FEEBACK]
    • Seal of Solidarity : Armour Regen Delay 15% faster. I never see a situation where the object save my life [Need more opinion : NEED FEEBACK]
    • Field Governor : Armour Regen Delay 30% faster. Worth it if you want a quick armour regen. Could be a nice combo with armour regen trinkets and Flexible Generator.
    • Seal of Vigour : Stamina +1. Useful for evading shots and melee strike. A bit expensive in my opinion.

Loadout builds exemples :

Advices :

Ashgarm likes this.
  3. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

RESERVED
  4. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

RESERVED
  5. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

RESERVED
  6. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

RESERVED
  7. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

RESERVED
  8. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

RESERVED
  9. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Menial

Just my fast 2 cents. Spread is something you want to avoid cause the highest dps increase you will get are from headshots, spread is a stat which cant be controlled by player skill (tap firing will counter act it a bit), recoil can be controlled.

Mastercrafted? not worth the lp
    Optics? are horrible dont use them, especially how they work in this game, being able to side strafe is way to important
    Barrels? Nothing or CQC Barrel, all other barrels reduce damage or increase spread, Avoid that like the plague
    Grips? Dampener Grip is trash, stabilizing grip is usable until you get the textured grip since this will help imensly with the spread, even while moving
    Magazines? Every Mag is somewhat viable, drum or box mag prefered but the case for fast reloading can be made even tho I find it strictly better to have more bullets in the mag since you can cancel the reload animation at anytime, armor piercing rounds are balanced basically -10 toughness for the enemy, 10 toughness usually cost 50lp so thats balanced, but since it does not work vs 100 toughness targets and does not do as much having more rounds you should try to avoid it, I use them on an Apothecary who chills far back anyway.

Quicksilver Bolter, Sternguard Bolter just no

Stalker bolter with deactivated optic works really well and is LSMs only answer vs turtling enemies, works in hip fire quite nicely too. (is considered to be op)
  10. enrol thibaud Steam Early Access

Tactical Space Marine updated. I think I could finish it tonight.

Don't forget to give feedback, we need alot of feedback ;)