Background Image

The Greater Good Will Stand With You, Noble Eldar...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by ShasO-Kais, Oct 21, 2013.

1. eldar hate imperium with a passion in 40k history tau and eldar support each other allot like a battle i forgot the name but tau fighting of the tyranids and eldar helped out in exchange for info about the tau's life style
  2. 4uk4ata Active Member

Eldar have no love for the Imperium, for good reasons. Still, sometimes they hate - or fear - the Imperium's enemies even more - Chaos, Necrons, and Tyranids being the obvious examples. Remember, the Tau inhabit only a few sectors, while the Imperium has holdings in most of the galaxy and tends to be the major force fighting the enemies of the Eldar. Alliances are sometimes born of necessity.
  3. Dolevar Active Member

Certainly Tau are much more amiable to eldar than imperium
    If eldar and tau were closer to eachother they would probably help each other more frequently
  4. Ander Sec New Member

Shas'o Kias, I welcome you on behalf of my people. I am a Farseer and have no craftworld, however I my fellow Eldar and even Tau have created a permanent alliance. We have a small flotilla and would welcome more help. As said by Farseer Eldrad Ulthran;
    "I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls."
    I have learned much of your people and our flotilla created a ship to serve as our command ship with equal amounts of Eldar and Tau serving.

- Ander Sec,
    Farseer of the dead fleet
  5. Shas'O Kais ShasO-Kais Active Member

On a semi interesting note, in the w40k rule on the alliance chart both space marines and Eldar are listed as Battle Brothers with the Tau, meaning the factions would happily ally with each other...

Heres the full chart if you're wondering what factions think of one another as of 6th edition rules: [​IMG] (bigger image here: http://i.imgur.com/MY4Mo.jpg)
    Chaos Lord Aadil likes this.
  6. Fino Fino Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are not confusing with that sad Dark Eldar incident?Because there the "info on tau's lifestyle" was a bit...nastier.
  7. Khanistrello Forum Beta Tester

It means they will if they have to, but they will not like it, not just happily join forces. They have killed each other in droves for centuries that is not easily forgotten.
  8. Shas'O Kais ShasO-Kais Active Member

to quote right out of the 6th edition rules (stand back everyone i've got the big book out!)

"Battle Brothers
    This category covers the strongest of alliances, two or more armies striving for a common goal. Battle brothers have utter trust in their comrade, treating them as an extension of their own forces. Such alliances are always voluntary, born out of an unyielding desire for victory. Battle brothers are treated as friendly units from all points of view."

I can go through the the other categories as well should you wish to know the description of allies of convenience, desperate allies, and come the apocalypse (the last of which should be obvious that it means under no circumstances.)
  9. Khanistrello Forum Beta Tester

Lol you know that list is complete crap lore wise and for the sake of allowing you to ally armies on TT ( hence make GW more money ).

I play TT and read the fluff, have done since 1st edition trust me that list is broke as all hell ;)
  10. LordDarkhan New Member

It was absolutely about "info on the tau's lifestyle". It was totally just a cultural exchange. We have no idea why they flipped out after the next battle and attacked us. And even after that, even though they attacked us completely unprovoked, we still tried to have their backs. Their planet was attacked moments later, and we went to help. Sadly, everyone was gone by the time we got there, so we decided to leave. Wow, you're right; that was a sad incident.
    Bee tee dubs, those 77 members of each caste (sans the Ethereals you totally weaseled out of letting us hang out with) are still exchanging culture with us on Commoragh. And they like it so much that they never want to leave. You should totally come, too. We have cake.

Shas'o Kias. What say you to the hand extended by the True Kin? The Battle Brother of my Battle Brother is totally someone I'd consider teaming up with... and someone you can trust. For realsies.