Background Image

The Future of this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Nov 3, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, I have seen some posts saying that Nathan is gone. What can we expect the future of this game?

Is this game:

1. Going to be gone soon?
    2. Still going to have new content?
    3. Going to have new Devs?
    4. We can move on and have another TPS Eternal Crusade 2 made by some other guys?

Ok, so what is going to happen?
    Talron and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. Gone soon? Probably not, there's enough players to justify not closing the servers early, and it's payed for until 2020
    Content? What little can be done will probably come sooner or later
    New Devs? I doubt it but it isn't impossible
    Move on? I basically have, I play war thunder more now. Another 40k game? I doubt it.... At least not for a while yet
  3. Madork Gunna DarkGraven Arkhona Vanguard

4. Leonatos Cyberjankie Active Member

Black Templar skin and Flesh Tearers skin for all classes (not just Tactical) are on there way. And we know, there is a PvE Fortress map in a very early state... And there where new maps with recent patches. So yes, the two remaining Dev's still work on this game and deliver new content, as much as you can realistically expect from only two guys, who also need to figure out a lot of things, to make this stuff happen (because they haven't written the core game back in the days). Also Steam Workshop, in one form or the other, is still a possibility...

So yes, you still can expect some things for this game and the servers are payed till 2020. Just try to be realistic with your expectations.
  5. acepost acepost Active Member

Don't worry, that is what Apothecaries are for in the game:p
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Future? Lol.
  7. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

My dude not even the most capable of apothecary will be enough to bring this rotting carcass back to life. You better prepare the sacrifical altar and plenty of sacrifices. Cuz you gonna need the helping hand of papa Nurgle to pull this off.
    Caentyr, Xeltan and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  8. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

All I can say is anything is possible but it seems the devs are rather radio silent in here now. They do read our posts but dont comment. I would suggest heading to the UAT discord and asking your questions but if you go there actually participate in the UAT runs.
    Cyberjankie likes this.
  9. Leonatos Cyberjankie Active Member

Yes, but if you do that, please make sure to keep your salt and your doomsday prophecies to yourself. Thx!
    Talron likes this.
  10. Since Nathan is gone, a fresh wind is blowing away some of that rotten an dead stench that has surrounded EC for quite a while now.

Will it be enough? Don't know.
    But it's something
    Xeltan, Konok0, Talron and 2 others like this.