Background Image

The Death And Re-birth Of A Chainsword

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Cosplay, & Fiction' started by The_Great_Wolf, Oct 21, 2013.

1. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

When Space Marine was getting close to being released we got the mini game kill-team. So who would like to see something similar from Eternal Crusade and what would you like to see.

In addition there was the option to own a life size Golden Relic Chainsword, so what can we expect this time round ?

I was lucky enough to get hold of one of these in a roundabout way...

After searching on places like Ebay i found one for sale on a subaru auto forum of all places, it had a slightly damaged wing on the hilt eagle. After some negotiation he asked for $100, which i of course immediatley agreed to ;-) however it then turned out he'd had issues before with non payers ect and would only accept cash payment and personel collection, something that was an issue as was in maine usa and i live in norway....

But luckily for me one of my Space Wolves happened to live in maine and when asked if he could collect it and send it to me said yes straight away and then found out it would entail a six hour round trip which he duly did, packed the sword and sent it off, he's here on the forums as malus darkblade so a massive thanks to him for doing that ;-)

Not too long and the parcel had arrived here in Norway and here's what happened next....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

postal service said they could cover partialy what it would cost to replace it but nowhere near what they cost on ebay
    Hienz, Russ, RU55IO and 6 others like this.
  2. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

i hollowed out the foam inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

added some strengthening bolts around the weight bearing section

[​IMG]
  4. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

re-assembling all the loose components

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member