Background Image

Stormboy, grenades or no?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by GrazewoundZeroLow, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Good (early) morning.

I prefer utility, so my class always have a pack and grenades. However, I've run into a problem with my stormboy.

The 'ard armor, rokkit upgrade (+1 fuel ), and +25% fuel regen cap, takes up most of my LP at Rank 3. So, no pack and grenades.

1. Should I drop the 'ard armor? Keep in mind that I can't use a gob, since it's a wargear 1 item as the rokkit upgrade.

2. Change the +25% fuel regen cap to the +15% one?

3. There's no need for me to have a med pack and a grenade?

I look forward to your suggestions.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I'd drop the ard'armor.
    Jump Troops usually don't use any chest armor because they have a lot of mobility and i-frames and really low base stats that doesn't really justify using ard'armor
    + charges + 25% regen nade and Hpack.jpg
    health pack+ nade 4 jump charges +25% regen & a sword + impact mod

Alternatively you can drop the + jump charges wargear and keep the basic 2 charges and slot a gob in there and than use wg2 slot for max jump charge regen. maybe even have some Lp left after nades and health pac to use some kinda chest armor.
    Gob and armor 25% regen nade health pack.jpg
    Only 2 jump charges + 25% regen but has 140T also added extra arp to sword but this ofc optional.

Or you can drop the nades .. but I get you.. nades are cool.
    [​IMG]
    4 jump charges + 25% regen and the 40% lifesteal chansword forinstance

The last 2 are actually my 2 most used Stom boi loadouts.
    but i'm weird so..take that with a grain o salt.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  3. S1a5h EpicHiLuss Steam Early Access

I run nade on my stormboi
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

There is certainly no need for a med-pack but bringing a nade could be a good idea.
    One of the main uses for jump-classes is disruption and draining tickets on HTL-maps, you can use nades there to provide visual noise for your approach or to make sure the target you just downed stays dead, even in a zombeacon.

Of course, if you are specifically building for dueling/combat, the nade becomes less important.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  5. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Always grenade on storm boy. Learn to nade trick and you can dislodge entrenched teams better than any other class.

Drop the med pack.
  6. For regular non vet Stormboy I swear by this build;

Ghost Choppa - Lifesteal
    Kwik Cap - 25% fuel regen speed
    Heavy Rokkit Pack - 2x Fuel Cells = 4 in total
    Dakka Slugga - Continuous stream of fire, good for gunning down targets while flying majestically through the air - You can also out gunned Tacticools with this weapon =p

Armour? Be quick enough and you won't need it!
    Gravord likes this.
  7. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Get both the Healpack and one frag nade.
    20180619103143_1.jpg
  8. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Learn to aim mid air at ground targets with the shiny pokkit rokkit launcha and you become the god of stormboys.

P.S. I am a crazy git and equip it alongside with the Torpedo axe for extra lulz :p
    Deathwish likes this.
  9. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

OI, DAT ZOUNDS FUN. IZ HAV TA BE UZIN DAT NAO.
  10. Kap'in Skullbitz Ream New Member

The build I use for my stormboy:
    • Burny Choppa
    • Dakka Slugga
    • 'Ard Armour
    • Kwik Rokkit Pack
    • Kwik Cap
    • Runik Bolt (Minor)
    20180619182731_1.jpg

It has as much utility as grenades if not more, ground-slamming on enemies inflicts fire damage so it's effective for taking on multiple targets by just jumping on them a few times then finishing them off.

Survivability as a Stormboy usually isn't worth taking since you're most likely able to either jump away from a conflict you can't finish or die quickly, so I wouldn't bother taking a health pack, take stuff to make you as tanky as you can but I wouldn't bother with health/ammo packs as you can easily jump to the local resupply depot.
    Deathwish likes this.