Background Image

Steam is more broken than melee...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by KharnVarus, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

5:07 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:07 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    5:07 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:08 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    5:11 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:11 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    5:11 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:11 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    5:11 PM - Redthirst is now Online.
    5:17 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:18 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    5:18 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:18 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    5:30 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:31 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    5:31 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:31 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    5:31 PM - Redthirst is now Online.
    5:35 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:35 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:35 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    5:41 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:41 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    5:42 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:42 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    5:42 PM - Redthirst is now Online.
    5:50 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    5:50 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    5:50 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    5:50 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.

Every. Fucking. Day. Games that require Steam to be on every single millisecond disconnect me beucase this happens for 2-3 seconds!

I had this for the last couple of days, I don't know when it exactly started, but it was for a long time. I switch between 2 houses every couple of weeks for personal reasons and one of them, that has 512kbps damn download speed and pretty slow internet, next to NEVER disconnects me like this every 2 minutes. While this one here is 2.5mbps, pretty fast, but does this bullshit! Same service provider, same city.

And the rest of the internet is still on! I can do things on games that don't require Steam to be on 24/7 to play online and even watch videos or do things on the internet while Steam breaks for no reason, so it's not my internet.

• I tried restarting Steam multiple times, doesn't help.
    • Restarting the router.
    • Factory restarting the router.
    • Restarting the PC (Idk why I thought that would help...)
    • Switched between multiple download regions.
    • Switched between Steam Beta client and the Default client.
    • Using the protocol -tcp on Steam client.
    • Uninstalling or disabling all firewalls and conflicting software from the conflict list that Steam support provides!
    • Closing the Steam ports and opening them multiple times!

NOTHING helps... And googling the issue yields just more threads that were unsolved about it because nobody knows what's going on and Valve are over there with thumbs up their asses sitting in money while people are having theese kinds of issues... Their support staff is terrible, sent 2 tickets about it, one a few weeks ago and one yesterday, still no reply, but knowing them, they never will.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? I'm getting frustrated...
  2. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

I suffuered from this problem last year, fucking horrible.

I tried everything aswell but nothing worked, I think it just went away on it own but I can't remember.

Have you tried to hold in R and the windows key and then typing in "steam:flushconfig"?
  3. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Nuttin happens... Or I guess it's happened and I just can't see it. Well maybe it works? Idk... It will probably be back :(

If this fucking works I'm buying you a game or something :p
  4. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

6:21 PM - Your state is set to Offline.
    6:21 PM - Redthirst is now Offline.
    6:21 PM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    6:21 PM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
    6:21 PM - Redthirst is now Online.

[​IMG]
    Dreadspectre likes this.
  5. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

Feel hug.jpg
    Andy251 and KharnVarus like this.
  6. Tremor BlackGoo Subordinate

Are you using WLAN or cable ?

Do you have package loss ? (you may use team speak to check this)

Have you tried to logoff from all steam devices and only connect on ONE pc ?
    Does it happen in this case too ?

Have you installed a new Anti Virus Software or firewall ?
    Maybe energy saving options ?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493
  7. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

1 - Cable

2 - No package loss, Teamspeak has also been as stable as it gets even during the time Steam disconnects. I even tested with cmd, did a "ping -t 192.168.1.1" (Most people's default IP!) and it kept sending constant, 32 bits of data in 1 millisecond constantly (Sometimes it took 8 or so but it never timed out!) with a total of 301 packets sent with 0% loss.

3 - Did so, yup.

4 - Nope. Same Anti virus as the one on the computer which's internet works. I even turned off firewall on this one completely, doesn't help. Also tried to the point of uninstalling it and trying a new one (Quickly reverted back as that didn't work either!)

Checked that article, did everything pretty much up to no avail.

Although I DID indeed get a REDUCED amount of disconnects when I used a -tcp launch option for my Steam client and when I opted into Steam Beta Client. But it still happens and now its just rarer, every hour or so now.
  8. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Da bump...
  9. ROFL
  10. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Sadly it is true...