Background Image

State of Jump Pack Classes, are you satisfied?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Sep 1, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, just wondering are you satisfied with the way all the Jump Pack Classes are designed currently?

Do you feel satisfied with:

1. Time taken for Fuel Regen and all the Fuel Regen Buff items?
    2. The Health and Armour for the different factions Jump Pack class?
    3. The weapon options for the different factions Jump Pack class?

Somethings I think about is maybe Space Marine JPA and Raptors could use Frag or Krak bundles, and maybe faster base regen time for their Jump Packs? I do not play Orks, so Ork players want to comment as well?
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

honestly I think their fine for the most part.
    Would be nice if they actually had some Lp left over after Jump and fuel stacks to invest in weapon upgrades tho.
    Maybe add and upgrade the trinkets for fuel regen to be 3 and 6% for 10 and 20 lp
    Nobody uses them now because 20lp for only 3% is just bad.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

second jump is crap

the higher you are the higher the damage and stun effect
  4. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

They aren't as cool as you would think but they are ok.There job in EC is pretty boring tbh,They are a disruption class more than a hit and run shock troop but they get the job done even if you die doing it more often than not.

They can slightly be used to hunt lone wolfs but if he has a bolter and good aim or smart pistol and sees you,you are shit out of luck and you aren't exactly sneaky.
    You can't really get the height needed to get over most object in one jump which is also annoying as fuck wasting sometimes all your fuel to get that extra 3cm of height needed to make it over.

I think there was a fuck up in object design or jump height because you always are juuuust short of getting over and its irritating.
  5. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Fuel Regen speed / Fuell Cell amount are fine but these mods including the Halo's (and Ork / Eldar equivalent) cost far too much when you set it next to all other classes mods which are vastly cheaper by comparison, this needs to be normalized.

Also default armour is far too low, a hangover from 1.3 nerf which was way too heavy handed and was over a year ago now so it kind of needs to be revised.

Will any of this be fixed? no because Ranged need their easy life.
  6. More fuel!!! Faster regen!!!!
    Data8671 and Thraxus like this.
  7. Make first boost go skittles higher, shorten fuel regen, and make them not be made of glass.
    Thraxus likes this.
  8. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

I love jump classes despite how weak they are compared to all other classes (probably why you never see anyone playing them which is kinda sad really because they are so fun) so actually making them a bit more level with others would be absolutely fantastic.

I mean jump classes have been the underdog since the tactical escallation hand-holding patch rolled out way back in November 2016!! That's a year and 9 months ago!

3 more months and that's 2 years of toxic ranged corrosion eating away at our game. This patch crushed all melee in it's wake with jump classes being the hardest hit. It's time for a change man. 2 years of ranged hand-holding is 2 years too bloody long.

Higher / longer jump would be great <3

Shorter fuel regen would be fantastic (also make fuel regen / fuel cells cost a lot less) <3 <3

And yeah jump classes are just far too fragile for the utility they get, a little love here would be awesome <3 <3 <3

I mean when you look at the current Tac meta who can max out everything and then put them beside jump classes who cant even max out one aspect of their class: (you literally cant max out fuel cells and fuel regen without running out of LP) let alone putting points into damage dealt you start seeing the one sided favouritism that's going on.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]
    Kjall and Atsidas like this.
  10. Tacticals can't max out everything, but they damn near can.
    Thing is, they don't need to. They are incredibly easy to play. Yes... I do use tacticals....