Background Image

So you want to help rescue a downed ally crawling to cover...

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by Katzu_HSM, Jul 3, 2017.

1. WKA - Rekstuff Katzu_HSM Arkhona Vanguard

DON'T!!!!!

He's crawling to cover because he was out in the open and got shot down. The person who shot him is waiting to see if you'll be a hero so they can shoot YOU!

Maintain situational awareness. Notice where the gunfire is coming from and get to the nearest patch of cover. Crouch. If they're headed towards you, they'll get the hint. If they don't get the hint or bleed out before they get to you, their death didn't cost your team two lives. If they can get into cover, THEN rescue them and get them to an Apothecary/Pain Boy/Warlock/Sorceror quick, fast, and in a hurry. If you ARE a medic, avoid the temptation to range heal them, as standing up takes FOREVER in this game and the shooter will just shoot him AGAIN, recreating the problem but without the armor/health they had the first time, possibly resulting in an insta-kill.

This is the number one reason people have died trying to rescue me, and if I could yell at them without yelling at the entire area I would every single time. If I know I can't make it to cover I'll just bleed out, and I can wait the few extra seconds to get back into the war.

Thank you, and good Crusading!
    Oddbob and 0strum like this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

On a related note: never do Combat-Resses! (unless with a healing tool)
    I have won several fights from 1v2 to 1v7 only because half my opponents were busy manually ressing my first kill.
    I know that, especially if you accidentally downed a teammate, you feel obligated to help, but always clear the area and make sure the both of you can walk away safely.
    I have both done myself and seen people use a sniper-strategy, where you first down an enemy and then leave them in bleedout so their friends expose themselves trying to help them.
    Even if you are an apothecary: You are vulnerable when you apply the Narcethicum, and dont think I dont see you, being the easy prey you are.
  3. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

All valid points. They also apply when fighting against Tyranids and an inexperienced battle brother wanders away from the squad on his quest for personal glory... and a quick death.
  4. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

That fucking guy is the bane of my existence. Constantly causes whole group wipes. I almost hate him as much as the jerkoff who empties out our ammo boxes because they have some undying urge to constantly use them even when they don't need to.
    Kalenath, Katzu_HSM and 0strum like this.
  5. WKA - Rekstuff Katzu_HSM Arkhona Vanguard

Yeah, we make it clear over in-game vox we'll shoot them if they keep sapping supply boxes like that, especially since my regular 4-man team has 4 ammo reloads scattered among 3 people (Apo w/ Abiding Vial/Beacon, Tac w/ Skull and double-Ammo, two Devastators w/ reloads.) We also let them know our Apo and Tac will be rolling out to the farther boxes to resupply and sweep up any stragglers at the end of the wave, and he can go out with them...
  6. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

The pain is real and shared.