Background Image

So Nathan Left, how does that Make you Feel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGraven, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madork Gunna DarkGraven Arkhona Vanguard

Who among the original team is left developing this game? Cause at this point I think the game looks more like a slow sinking ship then anything. I heard Nathan abandoned ship and left to go work for Jagex and r̶u̶i̶n̶ work on Runescape next.

How does that make you loyalists FEEL... I ask cause I need salt for my popcorn. Its only a matter of time before wordlessly the remaining devs leave and the game quietly is shut down.

The Eternal Crusade ends not with a bang but with a silent, pathetic whimper.
  2. I am still wondering why they keep the Servers up.
    There aren't many people who buy this game, and i also don't think many invest in RTC at this point, so what is paying for the servers?

I just wish we had some juristic pull on bE and sue the hell out of them. I don't even want my money back, i just wish they and their fishy practices would go down
  3. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

The servers are rented till 2020 or something, me thinks. So it's not a running cost for them. That's why I smell some Tzeentchien style just-as-planned in this and EC was always meant to be a throw-away, let it run with no or minimal investment and then die. The DG debacle put a big red mark there for me.

On the whole topic of Nathan slithering away into the night: Not surprised really. Few people from the devs side actually stood behind EC after the "release" IMHO. Some just had the good sense to jump off earlier than others.

Unless there's a big 180° turn from bhvr, with a whole fresh team with actual talent and dedication, there's no returning from the highway to heck for EC. But hey, maybe pigs start flying tomorrow and they might actually understand their blunder with DG and what a golden cashcow they actually had in hand with EC and act accordingly.
  4. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Happy and excited.
    Gravord, Xeltan, MolitvaVoina and 2 others like this.
  5. Schadenfreude, oder do you think someone else will take over and perform a miracle?
    If the latter is the case, explain me why if you can
  6. I feel the game is fucked up. Soon or later someone will pop up talking about shutdown. I am surprised to see servers still online.

Imo the only way to revitalize this game would be to polish it, remove the unfinished and crappy stuff like PvE mode, then launch it on ps4 / xbox.

But it will never happen.
  7. Leonatos Cyberjankie Active Member

Again, as far as we know, the servers are payed until 2020, so I don't see a reason for someone to pull the plug earlier than that...
  8. Do we know that for sure?
    Like, what source do we have on that? Because that would be a super valid Argument
  9. Well, as far as we knew, bE didn't had the Black Templars License yet here we have them in UAT. Nothing's for certain now. We just gotta wait and see what'll happen.
  10. Leonatos Cyberjankie Active Member

Well, I've read it on the forums a few dozen times from different people, so I hope it's true. That's why I said "as far as we know". But I would also be happy if someone could clear that up!

Is it maybe in one of Nathans posts or said in an old livestream? I putted "2020" in the forums search and found that claim quite often...

Maybe GW just chilled a bit and don't want to give this game an even harder time? And yes, I know we are talking about GW here ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.