Background Image

So I want to play tabletop...

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by OgrynLord, Sep 15, 2016.

1. SneakyFeet OgrynLord Steam Early Access

I don't think finding events is a problem but I am more worried about value for money. That and I'm interested in playing Ogre Kingdoms (a now extinct faction from what I have heard).

Any advice?

Would only play with two or three sets of Ogres most likely since it is expensive as balls.

Also, do people feel okay about custom tribes/subfactions or is that frowned upon in tabletop?
  2. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

Creating a custom subfaction is very encouraged, making your own Ogre tribe with an unique color scheme and maybe it's own interesting story and background is a way to leave your mark on the army you've built.

What are you aming to play, Age of Sigmar or fantasy?
  3. tpryan Recruit

if you want to give 40k a try:

KILL TEAM is your answer.
    200 points...small teams of 5-20 miniatures.
  4. Dhan Dhan Preacher

If you are wanting to play Age of Sigmar and want Ogres, check out the Beastclaw Raiders. They are extremely good and look really cool too
  5. SneakyFeet OgrynLord Steam Early Access

Unsure, I like the world of fantasy more but I don't know really which rules would be easier to play with.
    I plan on giving them furry cloaks and making them a snow tribe based on three-peaks mountain... well I don't want to bore you all with the details :p but yeah I'm very excited about it all.
  6. Dhan Dhan Preacher

Age of Sigmar is definitely easier to play and may be easier to find games depending on your area.
    The story is definitely different though. The Beastclaw Raiders are a tribe of ogres cursed with a never-ending snow storm that follows them wherever they go. So they have to keep on the move to not freeze.
  7. If you REEAAALLLY want to play so badly but aren't rich as GW thinks we all are (but none of us are), try to find an army off ebay or something. The prices GW charges are shameful for what you get (5 uncustomizable cultists for 30 bucks with tiny paint pots I don't want).
  8. Dhan Dhan Preacher

eBay always has great prices and other online sellers are cool too. Never ever buy directly from GW
  9. Heylel Recruit

Yeah, best piece of advice in the thread.

Never buy on GW stores or their website, you can find much more convenient deals on the internet and, at least here in italy, independent stores give you usually a 20-25% discount.
  10. SneakyFeet OgrynLord Steam Early Access

We are lucky to have a local independent store but I really respect the guy who runs the local official store