Background Image

Shoota Ork build suggestions.

Discussion in 'Orks' started by GrazewoundZeroLow, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Good morning.

Looking to muck around with an ork. What would be a survivable shoota build?

Thank you for your time.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

You really are interested in builds, are you?

The philosophy stays the same: Get your weapons and utility right, then stack Toughness>Armor>Health as much as you can. You can think about meeting thresholds but it probably matters less for Orks.

Someone on this thread will tell you to use the Rodeo Shoota. I will tell you, not to. Its a downgrade, tho all the little Orks love it.
    Big Shoota is the best weapon in the game but a normal Shoota is still perfectly competitive.
    Mods work more or less the same as on other factions, Big Shoota mostly needs a grip-mod (tex or stab), Heavy Barrel if you can handle the recoil.
    Shoota is the only weapon where i actually prefer using a scope, don't know, why.

Big Shoota does not need an ammo-refill.
    One more, interesting thing is that Orks have really good sidearms. So always remember that Pocket-Bolter at your disposal.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  3. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

For big shoota, grip is textured:
    20180430121322_1.jpg
    Grip is Angled:
    20180430121327_1.jpg
  4. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Rodeo build:
    20180430121331_1.jpg
    Rocketguy:
    20180430121356_1.jpg
  5. Sadly, I am. It's those simply odd things that no one can believe a woman would be interested in.

Again, thank you for your insight. They're always filled with little gems.

Thank you both, for your visual input.
  6. Flash up your shoota. Grab your armour, rusty gob in your wargear 1. Then grab a couple stikkbombs or a stikkbomb and an dok pack/ammo pack and your ready to have some fun. Shoota.png

When you don't have the 'eavy armour the 'ard armour plus iron gob will give you some toughness.
    Big shoota I like the textured grip and heavy barrel after that same sort of build though. Big Shoota.png

I like the dead shiny ranged weapons because it means I might get an extra shot off on target due to added stats.
    Used to run health trinkets with dok pack now am doing armour trinkets no dok pack
    Note none of my suggestions are "optimized".
  7. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

Shoota survival is mostly based on owning the high ground, getting the drop on your target, and keeping the fighting close enough for dakka (but not so close to melee).

Below are all my shoota builds in no specific order, have fun! All of the barrels I chose based on visual appeal and not function.

upload_2018-6-8_13-25-47.png
  8. Donrocco Donrocco Recruit

Sticky grenade and a 2x zoom on a default gun plus what ever else .

Sounds simple and it is. 2x allows you some good focus and great range and you can still keep your CQB with non zoom . Sticky grenade is great for rushing melee if your gonna die any way