Background Image

SHIELDS FOR CHAOS SPACE MARINES?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Herald-Of-Chaos, May 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

1. Herald Of Chaos Herald-Of-Chaos Steam Early Access

Cant shake the feeling that this game has a MAJOR hard on for loyalist space marines. Between the shield + power sword combo and heavy bolters and the stalker bolters i feel that unless you run a auto cannon you cant do much. Any thoughts on this? I cant be the only one feeling that the CSM are get left behind when it comes to shields, grav guns and infuriating apothecaries.
  2. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Traitor Assaults can cap. So no.
  3. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Do Chaos Legions even get Storm Shields in 40K?
  4. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

It's no secret that devs favour LSM(as is normal in 40k in general, not just EC).

However, it's a completely different discussion on whether CSM should get shields or not. It's not the first time this topic was brought up, and the usual answer is that CSM GAs can capture, while LSM GAs have shields, so it's unlikely that CSM GA will get a shield.

I'm also not sure what exactly you mean by talking about Heavy Bolters, seeing how CSM ones are identical to LSM ones.
  5. Ajeksandr Recruit

They say in some last dev stream that they dont want to add shield to CSM and dont want add capture key for LSM
    And grav gun not so powerful you can easily out damage it with your bolter
  6. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

No idea, but I've found mentions on Lexicanum of Storm Shields being deployed during Ullanor Crusade, so Traitor Legions should have access to them.
  7. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]

Boarding Shields.

[​IMG]
  8. Herald Of Chaos Herald-Of-Chaos Steam Early Access

I get the heavy bolters, just the shields are maddening, if a CSM GA goes up against a LSM GA the shiled obvious has a slight advantage. Just wondering if we will ever get a shield :(
  9. Herald Of Chaos Herald-Of-Chaos Steam Early Access

Yea see i know that! Just really wondering why we dont get them. I get why we dont get the grav guns but damnnnn they insane
  10. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Because you can cap with your GA, LSM cannot.