Background Image

Screenshot competition! Become famous on the internet!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Hi! We’re looking for great new screenshots to use in various locations. This is mainly due to Steam changing their policy on what is allowed, so while we’re pretty much good covered, we’d like to do a refresh of our screenshots for press, posters and so forth. We’re looking for at least 10.

Here are the requirements most will use:

1. Has to be in-game action screenshot with multiple people preferably, unless it’s monumentally epic of one person.

2. 4K resolution is required (since everyone loves 4K I guess and want you to buy a Titan X), also important for posters. I know this will totally mess up some peoples framerate but EPIC, AMD/ATI and us are constantly improving on that (don’t take my word for it, you can google it).

3. All advanced graphics options enabled because our partners UE4/Nvidia etc. like that.

4. We need at least 4 which show very little graphical violence that we can tag as such. This is because if you aren’t 17+ they won’t show those pictures in some public image carousels. Some might automatically fit this, like not have an execution, sex, or cigars. Cause you know, those are bad.

5. You can use UAT to do this. If any of us are around, we can give you Stuff(TM) to make you glow there, or simply request it in this thread and say something nice about us.

6. You can of course do a video and pick the shots from there instead of hammering the screenshot button at the right millisecond. I’ve seen really good footage from Valrak, I believe he’s using Shadowplay and probably happy to share some tips.

You will be handsomely rewarded with RTC of course.

Anything else than posting your screenshots here or questions pertaining to said screenshots, will be happily deleted! There are plenty of other threads that I read to get my daily dosage of salt ;)

Nathan

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to our winners!

Best Set
    First Place: @CuCulainn (100,000 RTC + Relic Pack)
    Runner Up: @Saeritan (100,000 RTC + Relic Pack)

Best Single
    First Place: @Valrak (100,000 RTC)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    First Place: @Tahril (75,000 RTC)
    Runner Up: @bossjesse (75,000 RTC)
  2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

I am confused.You want an epic in game screenshot from a 40k game but nor executions?What do you want then?RMB spam screenshots?
  3. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

I'm sorry if I was unclear, I'll repeat.

I need at least 10 screenshots
    , of which 4 which show very little graphical violence that we can tag as such. This is because if you aren’t 17+ they won’t show those pictures in some public image carousels.

Steam will show all games regardless of rating, but will only show "PG" images in certain carousels which don't have age ratings.

Of course it can all have "violence", just not executions and junk which _is_ 17+.
    OgrynLord, XRuinX and KharnVarus like this.
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

oh 4k :( at least is not 40k res.
  5. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Yo wazzup baby da Big E is in da mommaluvin thread! Ya dawg kicked da 5:4 aspect ratio! Damn baby! Cube monitor is classic! Real gangsta-class jiggle-wiggle. Big E said: okay baby u gotta wheel u can roll where ya wanna just don' charge me extra baby cuz Great One gonna show ya wut real nutz is. Next shit. Lookie. Da game releazed, da shit start rollin cool around but da mommaluvin lagz baby. Lagz! Many people say'n bout diz shit! Not cool shit! Annoying shit!100% bad smellin shit! DAAMN! And now screenshots. Game still not cool in performance. And now u askin popz make 4K screenshots ? Wooooow! Diz will make game politely say'n - unsatisfactory! Yeah Big E guess he said diz right. Ya will think: diz jabronie typing but claimz dat he saying somtha. Big E sayz diz: IT DOESN'T MATTER WUT U GONNA THINK! Da matter of fact dat game laggy, game chaggy and pizzing hoodies izzies and makes my mug look like boaaaah! And da 4K resolution will drive me absolute chonka-honka! Screw diz all! Big E gonna move his ass straigh back to Chubby Bunny 2 premium edition!
    JCDisconnect and Fangz like this.
  6. Could always open the screenshot with Gimp and paint the blood green. Done, no longer violent according to the Germans.
  7. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Again, don't worry about the non-violent ones, I'm sure we'll get enough that will do the trick. I don't make the steam rules, so no matter what we discuss here, I'm pretty sure they won't change their mind.
  8. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

One more question then.Why should we do this?
  9. Arekin0329 Arekin0329 Steam Early Access

Wait you want 4K resolution on your images? That is 3840 × 2160. Only a handful of video card support that, so basically you are giving a large portion of your community the finger on this one huh?
    Noromiz, LOBOTRONUS and Galen like this.
  10. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

It's like all other contests, this is for those that are interested in having their screenshots all over the internet and like getting RTC for it.

If you aren't interested in that, I'm fine with that, not forcing anyone to participate in our contests, I could just as easily gotten a company to do this for me but perhaps in my ignorance, I believed some would like a contest andI think it's cool they come from players than a company :)