Background Image

Rokkits and Fortress maps

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Kilrane, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Shoota rokkits need to damage fortress gates.
  2. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

Comparing the dmg it deals to what a melta does against AV.
    YOu would have to deplete all your rokkits 3 times to actually take any kind of effect.

It's not a far fecthed wish, but the dmg dealt would be close to irrelevant. Might aswell just spend 1 spawn on the zapp gun, and deal with the gate, then respawn as shootah rokkit
  3. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

Use Da klaw on da gate. Works every time
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  4. best way to deal with a gate quick is to gather up a full squad of boys using power klaws right at the beginning of the match in a trukk, then ram right into the gate, everyone gets out, then tear down the gate within 15 seconds using power attacks.

I'll tell you, when space marines see the gate explode only for a swarm of 10 orks with pk's rushing through the smoke, they tend to piss themselves and run.
  5. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Hah! Alright. Looks like I have to get a pk build.
  6. MrMaksimus Recruit

Consider this. Rokkits have far greater range than meltas and the gates are VERY big targets. So a bunch of orks fireing rokkits at it from a distacne could work if gettign close is an issue. Plus it would be so very orky.
  7. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I meant it as a single guy situation.

It would still be better to have the same amount of lootas with zapp guns just making quick work of that gate.
    Or sluggas/storm with Klaws.

It's a valid point, but, in most fortress maps while attacking, the rokkit is never the indicated weapon.
    As you have most of the times to make, more precise shots to targets in cover, and that's never a good testing ground for a rokkit.

So yeah again, while attacking, even if it was mass spammed, and damaged the gates, the rokkit, would never be the best choice for a fortress map. Would still be more pratical, to make an entire wave of Zapps, and then change loadout after gates and turrets are gone.

They can give gate damage to the rokkits, as i've said, it would be so irrelevant that no one would even notice it, or argue for them not to dmg the gates.
  8. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

DIGGAAAANOBZ.
    Houngar and Kaptin_Pokkets like this.