Background Image

Revive Positioning

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by KroozaNob, Dec 1, 2017.

?

Can I revive you?

1. No, there is a sniper in that tower!

2. No, I have a heavy bolter trained on me!

3. No, they booby trapped me with a krak grenade

4. No, I am just a bait for an assault!

5. GET OUT OF HERE, DON'T YOU SEE THE BLUE SPLASH AROUND ME????

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

"Oh dear, my teammate standing in front of the door frame is down, it is my duty as a healer class to revive him!"

Downed teammate starts a cycle of getting up, shot down, getting up again till eventually dies permanently.

This scene happened to all of us at least once.

Despite the action and the enemies surrounding us, there is always that guy who is enterily focused on reviving you, no matter if you will be put down immediately after.

Main reason for this is that new players don't consider the positioning of their downed teammates.

Before considering to revive someone, ALWAYS check for enemies, make sure your teammate is crawling to safety before reviving him.

This is especially true for sorcerers with channeled healing spells. If you costantly revive an ally under costant fire, he won't have the chance to crawl to cover before getting back up. Keep his health so high that he doesn't get down, but make sure it's not 100% (note: I am referring to the skull icon health bar).

One additional advanced tip for bringing crawling allies faster to cover is related to your camera facing.

When you start holding E to revive a teammate, usually his body is teleported to where you (the saviour) is currently looking before starting the action (note this doesn't tend to work on stairs or in tight places).

So, say a teammate is in front of a door frame currently under fire, you get close enough to see the icon prompt for reviving, turn 180° and you will see that the downed ally is automatically brought out of harm's reach, all the while being brought "back to life".

I hope this can be helpful and next time you see a downed teammate you will keep this guide in mind.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

I leave it at common sense which some possess in varying degrees, such will always be the case, though the circumstance doesn’t and ability doesn’t help.
  3. ZeGit ZeGit Preacher

OR! OR! HEAR ME OUT ON THIS ONE! IT MIGHT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT BUT BUT...

don't revive that dude
    Arafael, Zarbustibal and Durash like this.