Background Image

Return to the Plasma Deffgun

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Khornatian, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

With the Ace Dakka's damage pulled back in accordance to the nerf of the Havoc's Autocannon, it seems the humble Plasma Deffgun is now the uncontested DPS-king of lootah weapons against both high and low toughness targets. Considering that with the Plasma I was able to produce similar scores of the AC even before the patch, I am now inclined to state that the Plasma Deff will be a truly fearsome weapon against any and all foes now.
  2. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Unlike the Ace Dakka/Autocannon the Plasma Deff does not nearly benefit from the state of latency, allowing more room for the target to initiate evasive maneuvers similar to the Heavy Bolter.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  3. Salvohhh!! Solei Drill Abbott

Wait, wotz da lay-tens-y gotz ta do wiv it? Dem uva deffgunz uze dat 'itscan gubbinz or sumfin'?

Also, iz da plazma gun really worf it? I got one out uv a looted 'umie box da uva day and fought I was gonna be da splashy burnin' king uv da battlefield... But da whole time I wuz tryin' ta dakka wiv it, I kept wishin' it wuz me regular deffgun instead. Iz it just not for da long range dakka?
  4. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Use whatever you are more comfortable with. Plasma Deff has more penetration along with Heavy Bolter-ish DPS (around 380), which mulches just about anything. The mundane Deffgun costs less LP and has a bit more raw DPS but less penetration while having a higher RPM which translates to more recoil and increase in spread.

In practice, all that these numbers do is at best manipulate time to kill by fractions of seconds (we are talking like 20 milliseconds here), which are subtle at the best of times. As such, if you feel the Deffgun is more your alley, by all means use it and have fun, you won't drag your team or yourself down with it.
    Aislinn, Whitefox550 and Solei like this.
  5. hansthered Recruit

Agree with OP. i use it exclusively on my loota. it does feel like it has more vertical recoil than the dakkanator - anyone have numbers on that? i think it also has less ammo and lower ROF...but with the higher pen less shots to kill, especially if you rake the head parts with steamy blue goodness.
  6. Iron Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

7. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

The Dakka Deffgun comes with more ammo too. For the listed fire rate, the plasma deffgun chews through it's ammo and does need frequent resupply. Which is fine if you have an ammo pack, or someone on Ammo runt duty, I'm hoping that (Eventually) We'll get a mod for more ammo, which should alleviate the one weakness. Though it's not a huge weakness of the Plasma Deffgun.
  8. I recall using the plasma chompa a while ago, and my biggest gripe with it that once I started firing, moving the cursor seemed to be really sluggish. Was that just me? What was up with that?
  9. Just got a plasma deffgun in a crate - finally. Hoped for the ACE dakka, but whatever. Does any of these suppress still, or is it only the normal dakka deffgun? Suppression really saved my ass against pansies earlier when I was using my big shoota.
    Also, does the ACE dakka have the same AA bonus as other autocannons, or is it only one in stats?
    Regz likes this.