Background Image

Reaper's Shuriken Cannon issue

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Maensith, May 18, 2017.

1. Maensith Subordinate

I dont favour Dark Reaper class when playing for the Eldar yet I desperately need clarification on one particular matter:

Am I the only one who sees it or is reaper's shuriken cannon accuracy really terrible? I mean when I hold Ctrl for careful aiming and start shooting the splash of shurikens is REALLY wide, I cant hit a shit. In the meantime heavy bolter's accuracy is paramount - I can hold Ctrl and fire with almost 95% of accuracy, bolter rounds fly in the exact direction you send them, almost zero splash - yet when I fire reaper's shuriken cannon my shurikens fly in any direction but not straightforward as they are damn supposed to!

For some mysterious reasons when a shuriken cannon is braced against a wall its accuracy is equal to a braced heavy bolter's.

What the hell? Why its accuracy is so terrible when not braced? Or do the devs seriously think that Dark Reapers' weapons, the guys whose entire Aspect's war strategy and efficiency primarily rely on almost sniper-like precision, are less accurate than space marines'?
    Orkan and Dragonkindred like this.
  2. Blasron Paquet Active Member

well pretty much every eldar shuriken weapon are shyt. Dps wise they are lesser than everything, the spread is horrible, their long range capacity is pretty much non existant. The main thing that save the Eldar from being destroy is the vet and the teamwork enforce by that faction.
    Maensith likes this.
  3. Velenor Subordinate

The Dark Reaper who is supposed to specialize in long ranged, armour piercing, accurate warfare ironically has the worst weapons to fit that description.

The shuriken cannon is like an inferiour heavy bolter as far as I see it.
    Orkan, Iyan and Maensith like this.
  4. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

You actually get more spread overtime when braced compared to the Heavy Bolter.

That said,
    Since you're already slowing to a crawl, you might as well crouch to get additional accuracy, it sometimes helps. Also manage your bursts and aim for headshots, it translates to lower DPS if you don't get the headshots in but it's still a lot better than not actually hitting stuff.

Also it's actually better than the Dakka Deffgun, just that the platform makes it feel worse than it really is.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Shuriken canon atm is just a bad heavy bolter
    Maensith likes this.
  6. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

It's accuracy is terrible, it's TTK is inferior and Reapers are slow.

Here is how you fix: @NoahWard
    - Buff it's unbraced aim accuracy.
    - Buff dps.
    - Make Invocation of Kurnous baseline.

Pick one.
    Dragonkindred and Maensith like this.
  7. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

Anyone know why the Shuriken Cannon lacks weapon modifications? is this the same for the other heavy weapons?

Also a regular Shuriken Catapult with a scope is pretty good for sniping. Just not nearly as good as the Stalker Bolter. It's kind of silly how the Eldar, a race with superior technology, have generally weaker weapons across the board.
    Dragonkindred and Maensith like this.
  8. Karandras Codex33 Drill Abbott

There are no mods for any heavy weapons at this time that I'm aware of. I'm 100% certain that the heavy bolter doesn't have any available mods at least.
  9. Velenor Subordinate

only grav cannons have mods
    Codex33 and Utherix like this.
  10. Maensith Subordinate

At least I see this is not just my problem