Background Image

Ranger shouldnt be an elite

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Davoodoo, May 5, 2017.

1. Davoodoo Recruit

Like title says, ranger shouldnt be an elite, it should be regular class for eldar.

rangers both in fluff and in tt rules are regular infantry and even balance wise youre looking at stalker bolter equivalent troop which eldar lack already.

Ofc many ppl will want their ranger elite, sure make it happen, add pathfinder(minor reskin) as veteran option and throw outcast ranger as elite with cloak or some other unique mechanic.
    Sily likes this.
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Rangers aren't being added

Even if they were, as an Eldar main I firmly believe that an invisible sniper should not be a basic class. That's fucking ridiculous
  3. Davoodoo Recruit

Yes im aware

Also i mentioned cloak as special ability for elite and veteran variant, regular would be fine without cloak.
  4. Jaywalker Jaywalker Steam Early Access

Not only should it be a basic class, it should also fly, wear heavy armor and be AV capable:
    eldar_iybraesil_shadowspectres_03.jpg
    Plazm, DiputsLasarach, Sily and 3 others like this.
  5. Davoodoo Recruit

Ah shadow spectres, basically a lascannon with jetpack, these i can understand being an elite, you cant really remove jetpack to make them balanced as its part of their armor.
    Sily likes this.
  6. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Its more a Multimelta/Lascannon.

The damage ramps up over time and you need multiple Shadow Spectres to focus fire to bring down a tank.
  7. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

Back in the day, Rangers were an elite choice. Only Alaitoc had them as a standard troop. Alaitoc also had the Pathfinders as a unique unit for their craftworld only. Did this change sometime???

Personally I think having the Ranger as an elite is fine. In a game like this they would be very nasty.

What I don't agree with is have an Autarch as an elite. THAT is an F-ing joke. With the joke being on us.
  8. VivaVivali Defiance Arkhona Vanguard

What the ticker is that it'll most likely be a reskinned veteran Scorpion with a locked loadout. So nothing new for us but a skin.
    DiputsLasarach likes this.
  9. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

10. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Just give da boyz and da spiky boyz somefink to snipe wiv too okay?