Background Image

Question!

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Data8671, Jan 3, 2018.

1. I was looking through the game files and I found some maps of maps and wargear options that aren't in game. What's with those? (I'll try to get pictures in comments)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\Weapons\CSM
    • CSM Stalker Bolter
    • Tzeentch Boltgun
    • Slaanesh Boltgun
    • Unused Power Sword (I think)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\Consumables
    • CSM double ammo pack
    • CSM double krak grenade
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\Weapons\EL
    • Fire Pike for Fire Dragon (don't think it's in game)
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\WeaponMods\Muzzles
    • Heavy Weapon mods
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\loadoutIcons\WeaponMods\Handle
    • More Heavy Weapon mods
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\maps\fullmaps
    • Maps
    • Arena02 (5v5?)
    • Malvoy (Definitely not in game)
    • SkullcrushinfMapPlaceHolder (Might have become Ronan)
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade\EternalCrusade\Content\UI\ImageAssets\maps\LoadingBackground
    • Loading background for the Arena02 map (I think this is 5v5)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Data-Wargaming-149596659095386/posts/?ref=page_internal (what I've uncovered so far)
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Thx we all know that this exist
    btw you can edit your posts instead of posting X times in a row
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

btw you are looking at the game's images , not actual game assets

For what you said :
    is in the files :
    HeavyWeapon Mods
    FirePike
    is not :
    All weapons
    The maps
  4. oh
  5. Well it does suggest that some work has been done on them, plus with the heavy weapon mods, who cares at this point if it looks different in game, we'll hardly notice
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

They changed engine , and engine versions since the beginning , so they lost the maps and some assets
  7. Right ok, so most of this had things with them, but is now unusable?
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Some of them yeah , some others require a bit of work to put ingame , but none are ready to use(besides maybe Heavy mods but Heavy weapons dont need that for now)
  9. Heavy weapons might not need them, but it would be content. Any content is good (well almost any)
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

its not usefull content , it will just change the game's balance , not bring back players
    and yes arena02 is the 5v5 map