Background Image

QoL Improvement / Charakter Information UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, May 19, 2017.

?

What of the following?

1. Numerical Health/Armor Values inside our Bars = Yes

2. Numerical Health/Armor Values inside our Bars = No

3. Buff-Symbols over your Bars = Yes

4. Buff-Symbols over your Bars = No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. How about more information for us while inside combat?

• Inside the Health & Armor bar there could be numbers, telling you exactly how much Health/Armor you have and how much you can have as Maximum -> 135/200 Health, 115/115 Armor for example (Overwatch does it in a similar way, it works)
    • Additionally, every buff you recieve should be shown above your Armor Bar, like HoT Effects from Embolden, Boon of Change or the various Healing-Vials (small green cross for the small vial, Bigger Cross for the extended vial?) Same for Toughness Buffs or Damage Mitigation.
    • For 50% of their duration, they stay normal, after 50% they start to flicker slowly, after 75% they flicker fast, so you can somewhat predict how long you will be under the effect of the buff
    • And please, show them also over the Bars you see for allies, so it's easier to tell if you should buff someone as support, or if they are allready buffed.
    • Lastly, Show what buff you get from your Squadleader, with their own Symbols. For Damage Mitigation, Accuracy increase, Damage Increase (melee & ranged) and so on.

What do you think?
    Binthor, doobers and XavierLight like this.
  2. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

Sure. Don't see anything I dislike.
  3. Seranov Seranov Confessor

Better, more informative UI bitz is NEVER a bad idea.
  4. Dingus doobers Menial

That's very MMO - something we're not playing! :p

Totally agree, however!
  5. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Numbers in health and armour bars reminds me of Borderlands. Certainly more helpful than just bars.

Buff icons above bars would make it easier to know what you have. Tho I'd disagree with the flickering icons and rather go with the draining meter kind. Like Overwatch's ability cooldowns but in reverse.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  6. Binthor Ulveskygge Binthor Arkhona Vanguard

This needs to be a thing. Perhaps even more so than being able to demote an inactive squadleader.
  7. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

I absolutely want to know what buff is active on me, not so interested in the buffs on my team or on the exact numbers of my health or armor, as all that matters is that they're full.
  8. b0ink7 Recruit

Specifically for support with buffs I'd want a easy way to quickly see if a guy has my buff (whether given by me or someone else) and maybe even a timer left. I don't want a tiny icon amongst other icons for buffs i don't give a shit about.