Background Image

PvE vs PvP Rewards - Looking a Bit Squiffy! (Wonkey, Wrong, Wibbly-Wobbly, for the Englishmen!)

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Jorael, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Jorael Jorael Prefectus

Hey there,

Sorry for the title, I couldn't resist. But anyway... the rewards in the Horde Mode seem FAR too high for the time and effort compared to a PvP match. I just wanted to bring up the concern - I couldn't see any titles in the forum about Rewards specifically.

Too High you say? Is that not a good thing!? NO! Currently the biggest part of the game is PvP, and from what the company has said, is always going to be the biggest. So the rewards should be bigger & better overall. Doesn't feel the case right now.

I am assuming that as the mode isn't too much played compared to PvP, and not fully balanced or finished... so just currently like this until things get worked out.

But like if I spend 15 - 30+ minutes in a PvP match to gain around 2 - 5k Requisition (and the appropriate Advancement and Rank Exp that goes along with it, all based on Kills and some Objectives which I of course am not great at in the first place!) then go into Horde Mode and spent about 5 - 10 minutes getting to about wave 7 - 8 for the same rewards, and usually at the top end of what I'd see in PvP, then there's something wrong that needs updating.

Another example, is I just went into a Horde Mode where we only got to about wave 3, and it gave me 2k Requisition. For 5 minutes, and losing.

Cheers,
    Jorael
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

If the rewards for PvE were any lower, no one would play the mode.
    Chuffster likes this.
  3. Jorael Jorael Prefectus

That's possibly true, but what's the incentive to play the PvP over PvE in this case?

I can stand with my back to a wall near an ammo chest for 5 - 10 minutes and get 5k+ requisition+other rewards, or I can engage in a potentially frustrating and unrewarding 15 - 30+ minute PvP match for less rewards. I prefer the PvP gameplay but I've got Supply Crates to open, advancement trees to fill out, and limited hours in my evenings to play.

<scratches arms frantically> "You got any more of that... Requisition they been talking about..."
  4. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

But in PvP you can potentially earn a lot more XP and requisition for a match. Seen people earn 12K by being very active, going after vehicles or just slaughtering everyone.
  5. Jorael Jorael Prefectus

But that's not a "certainty" and you have to be pretty darn good to get over 12k requisition consistently (as far as I can see, most people I seem to play with, me included are about 2 - 6/7k at the most).

So while PvP has the potential to deliver high rewards, PvE is consistent in delivering average/good rewards. Which for a game like this where the PvE is meant to be a back-seat to PvP, feels wrong.
  6. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

The rewards in the PVE horde mode are actually fine. It is the rewards in PVP which are too stingy.
    The amount of time which is necessary to unlock all advancements and those damn random reward boxes make the game a tedious grind for normal people. The solution is not to reduce XP gain in PVE but rather to increase it in PVP.
    Stephen likes this.
  7. Jorael Jorael Prefectus

I'd completely agree with you there - but I usually put the lack of reward for PvP as me being a "bad player", as I generally want to be Traitor Assault in 99% of all situations, which doesn't do me any favors. I just love being melee. Though they can't really increase PvP rewards too much, otherwise there would be no point constantly playing.

Overall it's one of those "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situations. Overall I still think they're still in Triage from the Miguel Hype Train of 2015.

The State of the Crusade does acknowledge Melee as being something they're working on, which is top-banana, but I'm still a greedy Mark of Khorn-Chainaxe-Whore at heart so I want it NOW!
  8. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

In my opinion, it is also tied to horde mode not utilizing the "hard" difficulty.
    Objective mode is spawning more warriors. Horde mode does virtually nothing to increase difficulty.

Yet rewards are still allmost skyrocketing. Just by sitting at one spot and holding the left mouse button you can get up to 7k easy. If you start aiming, you'll get even more.
  9. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

HEY! YOU GITS NEED TO STOP TRYING TO TAKE AWAY THE ONLY WAY LSM CAN GAIN GOODS! How am I supposed to git gud while all the git gud gubbinz are locked in ZOGGING MMO LOCKBOXES!

STOP IT OR MY POWERFIST WILL GO TO PLACES IT SHOULD NEVER GO!

Seriously, this is the single worst idea on the entire forums. Have a cookie.

Obviously, if you only want to play melee, you will get rekt in both modes. Don't take away my fun because you can't be arsed to actually respond to the pvp situation and adapt to the situation there by playing the needed class.

Also the warrior is freaking OP in any mode. We have no way of kicking bad players out of PVE or replacing DCs or kicked bad players in match, so it is a bigger risk than PVP.
    0strum and Hungarian_Patriot like this.