Background Image

PvE needs easy mode

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by BrotherDamnatus, Mar 10, 2017.

1. As embaracing as it is, I think we really need an easy mode for PvE. In the last days I played a couple of PvE matches with Pubs (3 and 5 players) and we weren't able to finish even one lair. Most games included some noobs, but experienced players as well. I don't know your statistics of how many matches out of all actually suceed, but from my personal experience I only suceed when I go with a group of friends, probably using VOIP. Every attempt at PvE I made with a public group (except one IIRC) ended with a fail. You should probably check your statistics excluding warbands to see public stats.

I think this might be one of the reasons why almost noone is playing PvE anymore. Having a challenge is nice, but loosing over and over again will drive people off (like PvE queue numbers show most of the time).

* @PeterRich because I like to tag devs
  2. I've had one match to where we did finish, I think it's based on what items you bring to the table, equipment and skill wise, I do agree on a lesser difficulty, but, I feel that PvE is basically a trial and error thing, which I don't mind, but you do you :^)
  3. What my main concern is trying to make sure my bruvas are safe and don't get their hinds quarters fondled by the big tyranids, as my duty as a Apothecary >:^D
  4. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Menial

We play PvE on hard until wave 10 for 8k easy XP works everytime, we play 5x Heavy Bolter or heavy plasma, its basically our afk farm while watching TV or a movie.

You just need a good position. the mission are tougher tho but still beatable
  5. Did you actually win or just get max exp? That's something that frustrates me. I don't mind people farming exp, but it stops me from getting my commendations for the achieve.
  6. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Menial

we won vs the tyanid warrior and the next wavespawned +0 XP so yes its a hardcap so we farm. if you want to go for more take a whole dedicated group for that
  7. Tremor BlackGoo Subordinate

Agreed. (easy mode)

AND it needs a mode where all classes make sense.
  8. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

I'd also like it if the mode were scaled to the number of players in the group.

Something as basic as reducing Nid health and damage by a certain amount for each player less than 5 would probably do the trick.
    Sumshine and Forj like this.
  9. PvE needs a reason to exist...
    A overhaul to gameplay, atmosphere and feeling, incentive to play it etc.
    At the moment it feels like the Deathwing Beta, but without terminators
    0strum likes this.
  10. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

The problem is that you're playing PvE instead of PvP. PvE is just there out of obligation so they don't get sued for false advertising.